Aline S Conflict

[13:40] * Aline nodded - though only she could hear the call and it wasn't video. "Right. I'll be there as soon as I can." …And she looked at Chiisana after hanging up. "Mind quickly taking the dress off? If I try…" She let that trail off.
[13:54] <@Minaplo> ["Of course."-
[13:55] <@Minaplo> [About fifteen minutes later, Aline would find herself near the medical wing with Doctor Kenzo and a small squad of Marines. Aline would only have a second to see inside the actual infirmary itself, enough to see a sobbing nurse and a lot of bandages.-
[13:56] <@Minaplo> ["Shinji went berserk and attacked one of the nurses." Said Kenzo sadly. "He escaped from medical and now he's holed up in the communal showers here." He gestured at the door.]
[13:59] * Aline blinked rather visibly - and almost audibly! - at the explanation. "…Wha… I was afraid things were going to get worse, but I didn't realize…" She shook her head a bit. "And you think I can settle him down?"
[14:06] <@Minaplo> ["He's calling for you. Be careful, though. If you'd rather we just take him down…"]
[14:09] <Aline> "…I'll go in first. It'd be wrong to just have him 'taken down' without giving it a chance." Aline looked nervous. "Worse comes to worse, though…" She began to walk towards the showers - slowly, so she could be followed properly.
[14:26] <@Minaplo> [The communal showers were full of mist.-
[14:27] <@Minaplo> [The sound of continual rushing water filled Aline's ears, as many of the shower heads were on for some reason.-
[14:28] <@Minaplo> [Shinji was sitting against the very far wall, his hospital gown a heap at his feet. His knees were brought up against his head, and his arms wrapped around them. A small knife was in his hand.]
[14:31] * Aline walked to the entrance of the shower area, carefully avoiding the rushing water as best she could - but probably getting wet anyway - as she approached. "…Hello? It's me."
[14:35] <@Minaplo> [As Aline approached, she'd realise that Shinji was- sobbing to himself.]
[14:41] * Aline frowned, and moved closer, looking back once or twice at the marines and assorted people that were probably congregating there. Assuming she /could/, she'd get right up next to him and speak softly. "…Don't worry. I'm here now…"
[14:47] <@Minaplo> ["It hurts." He mumbled. "They were- were watching me all the time, and I couldn't- they wouldn't- I had to g-get out…"]
[14:52] * Aline rubbed on his head a little - pulling back quickly if he tried something ~dangerous~. "…Well, you are out now, aren't you?" She did sigh, though. It was a bit messy of a situation, and she had to be as comforting as possible.
[14:54] <@Minaplo> ["… They want to hurt me, don't they?"]
[15:00] * Aline shook her head. "They might've been a bit on guard, but me and Dr. Kenzo are probably succeeding in talking them down? I'll be really upset if they do, because your situation is kinda off."
[15:02] <@Minaplo> ["I'm kind of off. I-It's me. It's getting to me, behind my eyes…"]
[15:07] * Aline continued to pat him on the head, ruffling his hair /very/ slightly. "I… I don't know which things might be affecting you, but I've sorta been there before. The more they attack you, the worse it gets. I've kinda wrapped all the way around. It just takes a lot of time…"
[15:07] * Aline didn't want to add the 'time we might not have', though.
[15:32] <@Minaplo> ["T… Time? But… But I don't have it- t-they're just- coming at me- all the time, and I can't get away…"]
[15:39] * Aline tilted her head at that. "What, the spawn we fight that do things to you, or…?"
[15:50] <@Minaplo> ["E-Everything! I can never- go anywhere- I can't run away!"]
[15:58] * Aline frowned again. "…But you can run to me…?"
[15:59] <@Minaplo> ["But I -can't-! I want to but they keep us apart and I need to fight to you and- and then they'll take me again!"-
[15:59] <@Minaplo> [He stared up at her now with red-rimmed bloodshot eyes. His general dishevelled appearance made him look spectacularly mad.-
[15:59] <@Minaplo> ["I don't- want to be taken away…"]
[16:06] * Aline let one eye flit into the distance, but otherwise looked straight at him, and snapped her vision onto him once she finished glancing. It was a bit sobering to look into those eyes. "…I'll say what I have to. Even if it has to be protective care with me as the caretaker, I'll do what I have to." She suddenly was reminded of the Archangel Raphael's world. Except this was dramatically
[16:06] * Aline accelerated, and at the worst possible era - when humanity was teetering on the brink.
[16:12] <@Minaplo> ["Y… You will?"]
[16:17] * Aline smiled at him. "Yeah, I will. We need to make it through this together…" She let her eyes close to amplify the smile. "…So we will."
[16:32] <@Minaplo> ["Y… Yeah."-
[16:32] <@Minaplo> [… He paused, suddenly, going stock still, staring at something behind her.-
[16:32] <@Minaplo> [There was the quiet thump of multiple bodies hitting the floor behind them.]
[16:38] * Aline …turned slowly. "What in the…?"
[16:44] <@Minaplo> [A figure was standing by the doorway, the unconscious forms of the marines behind it. The figure was armoured, wearing a long cloak, an ornate helm…-
[16:45] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix.]
[16:50] * Aline stared up at him from where she was crouched by Shinji. She didn't say the first thing on her mind ('was that necessary?'), instead… "…You."
[16:51] <@Minaplo> ["It is time to go."-
[16:52] <@Minaplo> ["Go? Wh-what? Go where?" Asked Shinji, on the edge.]
[16:54] * Aline patted him on the head. "To find Yanmei." She remembered what she was told. "…For the sake of his health, can he follow?"
[16:58] <@Minaplo> ["You can't leave me! Please!" Said Shinji desperately, crawling forward on his hands and knees and latching onto Aline tightly. "Please, no! I need- I need her, you -can't-"-
[17:13] <@Minaplo> ["If he comes with us, he might not be here during an attack. Paris could be left unprotected." Said Vercingetorix, looking at Aline.]
[17:15] * Aline frowned. "…I see." She looked down at him, but back at Vercingetorix. "As stupid as it sounds, I'm willing to take that risk."
[17:37] <@Minaplo> ["Very well."-
[17:37] <@Minaplo> ["Where are we going?" Asked Shinji worriedly.-
[17:38] <@Minaplo> ["Somewhere else. Stand. Give me your hands."]
[17:43] * Aline stood up, and gave Vercingetorix her hand. She inhaled deeply.
[17:50] <@Minaplo> [Shinji, reluctantly, did the same.-
[17:50] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix took them, gave them both a light squeeze-
[17:51] <@Minaplo> [Aline was not, of course, a stranger to Dirac Seas. Jaunts, breaches, abductions- it was not a new experience for her mind.-
[17:51] <@Minaplo> [But her body was usually much more protected than this.-
[17:54] <@Minaplo> [Let us consider this for a moment. Imagine taking a snowball, a phenomenon formed by a myriad of rules and laws such as condension and temperature and gravity and physics. Take that snowball and put it into a place where such things simply never existed, and suddenly the snowball has no reason to stick together. Without some force pushing all the little snowflakes together, they might just drift apart.-
[17:54] <@Minaplo> [For living beings, the force they used was the AT Field.-
[17:55] <@Minaplo> [Thus, an Evangelion could dirac jaunt all day without 'falling apart', as could an object protected by an Evangelion's AT Field.-
[17:55] <@Minaplo> [But a human being's field was not even one hundredth the strength of an Eva. It was enough, of course. But a price had to be paid.-
[17:55] <@Minaplo> [Needless to say, the moment Aline returned to the real world, the first thing she'd hear was-
[17:55] <@Minaplo> ["A-A-ablrurrrrggghghhhhhhhh."-
[17:55] <@Minaplo> [Shinji.-
[17:56] <@Minaplo> [And right now she felt exactly the same way, her every molecule rebelling at the sheer concept of having experienced both absolute lawlessness and absolute law on a physical level in less than a second.]
[17:59] * Aline couldn't exactly say no to her every molecule. She was just dumb enough to try to hold it back at first. The stomach acid burned! Eventually… She just sorta leaned over and added to the goddamn pile.
[18:04] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix stood very still.-
[18:05] <@Minaplo> [A minute passed, then two minutes, when another voice entered the mix.-
[18:07] <@Minaplo> ["Welcome back." Came a dreamy voice. "Oh, hello, Leenie-chan, Shinji-chan. Don't worry. I get very sick too after long car rides."-
[18:08] <@Minaplo> [It was Tsubaki, standing there in a simple powder-blue dress, a milkshake in her right hand. She sipped at it, eyeing their sick curiously.]
[18:11] * Aline continued to spit out chunks of vomited something-or-other, before… finally standing up. She eyed the milkshake with a special kind of hatred reserved for those in her exact situation… but it very swiftly passed. "Something like that."
[18:12] <@Minaplo> ["Heehee. I can see Shinji-chan's boythingy."-
[18:14] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix turned to Aline with sudden quickness. "The two of you ought to go get your bearings, wash and cleanse yourselves after your sickness. Rooms are through that door, down the corridor, to the left. They are spartan but suit the purpose. You both have half an hour."-
[18:15] <@Minaplo> [Shinji's head was bowed, his hands over his face.]
[18:21] * Aline stood dizzily, and reached down a hand to Shinji. "C-come on."
[18:34] <@Minaplo> ["Alright…"-
[18:36] <@Minaplo> [They couldn't tell much about where they were from their surroundings. This place was completely utilitarian, all rigid, straight lines and corridors.-
[18:39] <@Minaplo> [They came to the room- a spartan affair indeed, with a single, plain bed, a desk, a chest full of plain clothing, and no decorations. Wearily, Shinji flopped onto the bed, still clearly shell-shocked. "I dunno what's going on…"]
[18:42] * Aline stood still, leaning up against the wall. "It's… something he and I discussed with the ODs." Aline began. "Basically… something I kept from everyone for their safety before now, but me and Tsubaki have the two halves of Lilith's soul. We're going to somehow use them together to search for Yanmei with its powers."
[18:50] <@Minaplo> ["O-oh…"-
[18:50] <@Minaplo> ["W-W-W-W-Wait, Tsubaki?!"]
[18:55] * Aline slowly nodded. "I at first didn't understand what it meant, but we had shared a dream. A dream where… where what could only have been Adam struck us down with the Lance of Longinus. That Lance… for sealing Lilith, it's sorta like a calling-card of hers now. Voriel showed it to me right before me and 00… basically 'went Lilith-ine" back in China. But… yeah. Tsubaki. I…
[18:55] * Aline only was suspecting it over the last few months though."
[18:59] <@Minaplo> ["I… I… I don't…"-
[18:59] <@Minaplo> [He crawled back across the bed, up against the wall, staring near-catatonically at the wall…-
[18:59] <@Minaplo> [Before his eyes faded and he fell forwards, clearly overloaded from the worst of days.]
[19:01] * Aline …decided to leave it at that, eventually sitting at the desk and watching him.
[19:16] <@Minaplo> [Shinji, as it turned out, had unintentionally given Aline a bit of a reprieve. Simply put, he had just shut down into a deep, exhausted sleep.-
[19:16] <@Minaplo> [Enough time for Aline to shower and wash the sick away, get dressed and head back to Vercingetorix.]
[19:18] * Aline definitely did so, reporting in rather tidily in her 'new', plain clothing.
[19:27] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix was sitting in a simple steel chair by a window, accompanied by Tsubaki, who was staring out at the window (overlooking a deep chasm) as though it were the most interesting thing in the world.-
[19:27] <@Minaplo> ["How is Shinji?" Asked Vercingetorix.]
[19:29] * Aline sighed rather visibly. "Right now? He's collapsed into some kind of super-sleep. He seems to… be dependant on me now or something, I don't know."
[19:36] <@Minaplo> ["Let him sleep. He will just get in our way otherwise."]
[19:38] * Aline nodded. "Yeah. I honestly wish I could've kept him there. He doesn't need this." But… she eyed the vast chasm. "So… now what?"
[21:51] <@Minaplo> ["Now remains the- 'ritual'- for a soul search. If the two of you could stand opposite each other at arms' length."]
[21:53] * Aline strode gently to such a position near Tsubaki, even using an arm to measure. She had a somewhat nervous smile worn on her face, and stood by with trepidation, like something bad was going to happen.
[21:57] <@Minaplo> [Tsubaki followed suit, smiling mistily.-
[21:58] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix stepped forward, now, into the space between them. Reaching out, he placed a hand on each of their chests, just below the neck, so that his fingers touched their throats.-
[22:06] <@Minaplo> [The air was quiet, still, deathly still as Vercingetorix began to focus-
[22:06] <@Minaplo> [… And then the lights went out.-
[22:07] <@Minaplo> [It was like an earthquake, kind of, but flipped over. An earthquake shakes everything around you because the ground is shaking, but here, the roof is shaking because it -is- the earth, which is an infinitely more terrifying experience.-
[22:08] <@Minaplo> [Aline and Tsubaki were tossed to the ground by the impact, the roof caving in, filling the air with masonry and rocks and endless amounts of dirt and soil.]
[22:09] * Aline barely had time to scream before she hit the ground, sliding along the floor. She didn't, though, have time to really grasp the situation…
[22:19] <@Minaplo> [… And nevertheless she was being dragged back to her feet by the cold metal arm of Vercingetorix. "Enemy attack!" He roared. "Tsubaki! Tsubaki!"-
[22:20] <@Minaplo> ["N…Nnn-" Tsubaki was trembling, curled up in a ball by the wall.-
[22:20] <@Minaplo> ["You need to get to 03, Tsubaki. Hurry up!"-
[22:20] <@Minaplo> ["…" Tsubaki, terrified but relying on instincts, uncurled, got to her feet unsteadily, took a deep breath and-
[22:20] <@Minaplo> ["I can't see!"-
[22:21] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix lifted his right hand, a torchlight appearing from the tip of his index finger.-
[22:22] <@Minaplo> [The light showed a devastated room. Half-melted rocks lay over twisted steel girders and metal plates. The door had been ripped open, and was still mostly accessible.]
[22:26] * Aline realized a number of things. The first was what Vercingetorix said. The second was that if she didn't stay near him, she'd probably get lost, trip and fall, or worse. The third… was that she couldn't help Shinji without breaking the second realization's dictums. So… She blearily moved to stay near Vercingetorix, wordlessly.
[22:34] <@Minaplo> ["Your Evangelion is not here, we are under attack by an unknown enemy, and our situation is perilous. What do you think we should do?"]
[22:40] * Aline frowned. "My AT Field is flagging so if I try to use my permasynch I'm more likely to reduce to LCL than be of help. I'm useless without a firearm in battle otherwise. Our enemy has Eva-scale weaponry anyway, and is probably inside the compound now." Aline knew that, perhaps, she was wasting time by going over all that, but… "So for me, the safest option is to be returned to the
[22:40] * Aline battleship - with Shinji if at all possible. I'd rather paint the floors with vomit for a few minutes and have a chance of deploying to catch them later, than be stuck here helpless. Tsubaki should deploy too, though."
[22:51] <@Minaplo> [He nodded slowly. "Very well then. Let us find Shinji." He held out a hand.]
[22:52] * Aline took his hand. "Let's go, then."
[23:03] <@Minaplo> [And so they headed out into the corridor as best they could, only to find that the path to the bedrooms was completely caved in.-
[23:06] <@Minaplo> ["Come." He turned, heading for a different route.-
[23:07] <@Minaplo> [Then at a sudden point he stopped by a certain door. "This is the armory. You should arm."]
[23:08] * Aline nodded. "You're right." She was about to go into a spiel about the long route and increased probability of running into the enemy, but instead, Aline just moved to retrieve the nastiest, best-for-her gun she could find.
[23:20] <@Minaplo> [She'd soon find a suit of carapace armor and, even better, a long-maser.]
[23:21] * Aline suited up, locked and loaded, and generally Got Armed. "Ready." she eventually said, turning on any lights attached to armor or gun, if applicable.
[23:30] <@Minaplo> ["Good."-
[23:31] <@Minaplo> [Vercingetorix nodded and began to walk down the corridor.-
[23:31] <@Minaplo> [Eventually they came to a part of the corridor where the dull metal walls began to be replaced with a kind of transparent material.-
[23:32] <@Minaplo> [Below, Aline would see- nothing much, actually. It was a very dark cavern.-
[23:33] <@Minaplo> [Quite suddenly, he grabbed Aline's and hand ducked against a steel, opaque 'pillar' of the corridor wall. It suddenly became much harder to hear and see, and Aline would realise that Vercingetorix was using sense suppression.]
[23:35] * Aline fought hard against the natural urge to yelp - and succeeded, thankfully - folding up against the pillar as well. She didn't say a word because she probably reeeeally shouldn't have.
[23:36] <@Minaplo> [He held up three fingers, and slooowly leaned out to look through the transparent material.-
[23:41] <@Minaplo> [Aline would hear it now, faintly; words carrying down an intersecting corridor.-
[23:41] <@Minaplo> ["… Know who they are."]
[23:45] * Aline could tell there were words, yes, but as she strained to hear… She couldn't tell whose. Possibly a male voice, but other than that…? No, nothing.
[23:46] <@Minaplo> [A chilly voice sounded now, one that reminded Aline of… Herself.-
[23:46] <@Minaplo> ["… Shoot on sight. … Don't hit the head."-
[23:49] <@Minaplo> ["Try to… Kill. I know you're capable…" A different voice now, hard to place.-
[23:54] <@Minaplo> [But these words were driven out of Aline's mind by a much louder sound- someone sprinting, not even trying to keep stealthy.-
[23:54] <@Minaplo> [Directly ahead, Tsubaki ran straight into the open, straight into view of everyone.]
[23:56] * Aline was rather baffled by the voice that sounded like her own, and frustrated by the lack of placement for the other two. But now… Now she was frowning quite visibly (to nobody who was watching). She wasn't sure just what was going to happen, but she couldn't reveal her position.
[01:43] <Aline> -
[01:49] <@Minaplo> [And… Before long, Aline wasn't sure she could even hear Sera anymore. In fact she wasn't quite sure where she was anymore…]
[01:51] * Aline let out a little pout, but tried to think about where she had been, and angles and directions. If she couldn't save Tsubaki… at least she could get Shinji, and failing anything else, make the goddamn jaunt herself, vomiting be damned. So she began to try to reckon.
[02:00] <@Minaplo> [So she had to think about it. Assuming the place was -roughly- symmetrical (which made sense) and had established barracks (which made sense since the armory was super-stocked), then the path here would work as an alternate route.]
[02:05] * Aline took that notion, and ran with it, albeit not quite literally. She went at a brisk pace, heading towards where she was fairly sure would lead to the rooms where Shinji would be.
[02:06] <@Minaplo> [… She felt it before she heard it, a sudden intense heat behind her. She'd only have a second-!]
[02:10] * Aline at first almost faltered, but she quickly maneuvered past the heat. "Damnit!"
[02:11] <@Minaplo> ["Trying to escape?"-
[02:12] <@Minaplo> [The Aline-like enemy was floating behind Aline, her eyes still closed, her hair floating lightly as though underwater. She was smiling indulgently to herself.]
[02:15] * Aline raised her long-mas now, and turned to stare at her foe. "What do you /think/?"
[02:20] <@Minaplo> [There was a soft chuckle. In many ways Scholastica's voice was identical to Aline's, but it had a strange edge to it, an almost sultry, malicious edge.-
[02:22] <@Minaplo> ["A maser rifle? Silly girl. You should have brought a positron gun. I would expect you of all people would have learned -that- lesson."]
[02:28] <Aline> "Point." …and like that, Aline bolted down the hallway, trying her level best to escape.
[02:31] <@Minaplo> [The air behind Aline heated up immensely, and a second later a bolt of massive force struck her square in the back, sending her skidding across the ground for a good five metres, burning a hole in the armour.-
[02:31] <@Minaplo> [… Miraculously, she was unharmed, saved once again by ablative plating.-
[02:32] <@Minaplo> ["Lilimcraft tricks once again? If only you had brought spare vests!" Said Scholastica with a chuckle, raising her hands once more.]
[02:44] * Aline bolted and ran, dodging, now, the incoming blasts that were raining down on her. This was like what her darker urges told her to do during the chase with Sera… except now she was against her own dark mirror. Or was it? Lilim… Still, she saved on the banter. She needed speed right now, not wit!
[02:45] <@Minaplo> [She barely avoided molecular disintegration, a positron beam streaking dangerously close to her leg, burning a hole through the wall she could've jumped through if she so wanted.]
[02:56] * Aline hopped through the wall indeed, and after tumble-rolling - and getting back up to dash again! - past a number of halls… before at the last minute - and out of sight - Aline ducked into a small side-room.
[03:04] <@Minaplo> [Just as a rapid burst of energy blasts vaporised a nearby wall.-
[03:04] <@Minaplo> [The blasts stopped, however…-
[03:04] <@Minaplo> ["Blanc."-
[03:04] <@Minaplo> ["Blanc~"-
[03:05] <@Minaplo> [Tap. Tap. Tap. She was telekinetically probing the walls.-
[03:05] <@Minaplo> ["Come out to play~"]
[03:13] * Aline considered her options. She needed to get to Shinji. She didn't want to fail him this time, because they'd probably kill him and keep his head as a trophy for cloning or /whatever/ the hell they were on about. So… she looked around to see if it was clear, and then decided to sneak her way out.
[03:18] <@Minaplo> [And indeed, so it was clear…]
[03:19] * Aline tried to move as silently as she could manage, and set on her way. She needed to basically find Shinji and, not even bothering to wake him or anything, activate her powers and jaunt out. Refreshing herself on her goal seemed to at least mildly calm her. But only mildly.
[03:24] <@Minaplo> [And so she would proceed on, through the eerie, quiet corridors… In the distance, she would hear roars and explosions…-
[03:24] <@Minaplo> [She would come to the room she and Shinji shared.-
[03:24] <@Minaplo> [… He was gone.]
[22:04] <Aline> "…" Aline should've known. She really should've. But the problem was that he could be anywhere. He could be captured, he could be wandering aimlessly, he could be curled up somewhere mewling for her. But she knew that in his current state, he'd probably seek her and not stay here. For lack of any better idea on what to do, Aline decided to pore over the area, checking into rooms nearby.
[22:04] <Aline> She wouldn't /say/ a damn thing, because she still had a psycho clone stalker, sort of like how Yanmei had a malicious doppelganger, based on the whole false confession thing.
[22:11] <Minaplo> [Now that she was looking, she'd realise that his pillow was missing…-
[22:12] <Minaplo> [… And she could spot little tufts of stuffing in one of the corridors leading away from the room.]
[22:13] * Aline raised a brow. Was this his way of giving her a sign? Was this foolish or brilliant?… Well, it was helping her /now/, so… but still… OH WHATEVER. Aline follows the trail! Quietly.
[22:20] <Minaplo> [The trail was fairly easy to follow…-
[22:21] <Minaplo> [A few minutes of following it took her into parts of the facility she didn't recognise, not that that meant much. The corridor she was in was sloping a little downwards…-
[22:21] <Minaplo> [… What was that sound? It was coming from above. A strange sort of rushing sound…]
[22:28] * Aline paused suddenly, and looked around. She was on edge…
[22:32] <Minaplo> [The roof burned away suddenly, a bolt of energy coming straight at her!]
[22:35] * Aline suddenly jumped to the side in a show of reflexes! She /still/ didn't say anything, just in case it was a random shot that she could potentially bullshit her way around.
[22:41] <Minaplo> [She avoided vaporisation by the slimmest of margins; even then some of her hair burned to cinders. A hole was burned clean through the roof and floor.-
[22:41] <Minaplo> ["Stop running!" Cried Aline's double, unseen but definitely heard, and if Aline wasn't careful, soon to be felt.]
[22:45] * Aline did the perhaps obvious thing. If she could make enough headway, she could probably find Shinji before she did - or for that matter before she caught up with her. Unless she was going to widen that hole or something pain-in-the-ass like that. So Aline broke into a run, trying her best to keep following the trail!
[22:49] <Minaplo> [There was another burst of heat, somewhere up ahead, it seemed; Aline couldn't actually see it, only hear it…-
[22:49] <Minaplo> [And then the worst case scenario occured.-
[22:50] <Minaplo> [The entire corridor actually shifted, violently, falling-
[22:51] <Minaplo> [The sudden shift knocked Aline off her feet, the corridor now hanging precariously. It seemed that this part of the facility was built in some way or another over a chasm, because whilst one part of the corridor- the way she came- was still attached (barely) to the roof, the other part was leading down only into a terrible abyss…]
[22:59] * Aline held on for at least a little bit, and tried to climb back up… Internally cursing the /ridiculous/ nature of this structure. Yes, a natural cavern is always the best place to build. No, it will never get damaged and release its occupants into a horrifying mess. She tried climbing up, but almost immediately slipped a /severe/ amount!
[23:30] <Minaplo> ["Fufufu…"-
[23:31] <Minaplo> [And there she was, hovering at the top of the corridor, her eyes closed, a sadistic smirk on her face.-
[23:32] <Minaplo> ["I'm a little disappointed. This shouldn't be anywhere near as problematic for you as it is…"]
[23:39] * Aline held on tight at her lower height, somehow a bit less interested in reaching the top now, yet… "You do realize that any ability to use AT effects to just wipe away my difficulties is severely limited on my part, right?" A beat. "Besides, you'd probably just neutralize me and leave me to fall /anyway/. So I'm /sorry/ if I /disappoint/ you somehow. Like I give a shit how you feel."
[23:51] <Minaplo> ["You could escape, though. I know that much."]
[23:54] <Aline> "I can, but I have my reasons not to just yet. That said…" She looked at the chasm below for a second, then back up. "I might not have a choice in the matter, thanks to you."
[23:58] <Minaplo> ["You'll leave behind something important if you do, right?"]
Session Time: Mon May 06 00:00:00 2013
[00:01] <Aline> "Yup." She wasn't exactly calming down, but wasn't quite as bitter.
[00:03] <Minaplo> ["So now you have three choices." Purred the clone. "You can save yourself right now, knowing that I'll find that important thing probably before you can find me again…"-
[00:04] <Minaplo> ["You can gamble and hope desperately that you find a way to save yourself and him at the same time…"-
[00:04] <Minaplo> ["Or you can die, saving neither of you."-
[00:04] <Minaplo> ["The strange thing is, logically, the first choice is the best, isn't it?"]
[00:10] <Aline> "Given your apparent sadism, I'm surprised you even stopped to call it strange. Not that I really /comprehend/ that way of thinking." Aline said somewhat exasperatedly. "But that's what I meant by not having a choice. A real choice, anyway."
[00:20] <Minaplo> ["I don't think it's fair to call me sadistic." Said the clone softly. "I think you and I are alike in that regard. You feel the same way, right? That vicious joy in your heart when you strike down a hated enemy…"]
[00:33] * Aline shook her head, even as she clawed her way up a bit higher. "Maybe. But I don't /embrace/ it that deeply. Often, it's more… because I succeeded, because I managed to do something /significant/." But there was a long sigh. "I try to avoid feeding my hate if I can."
[00:42] <Minaplo> ["I see…"-
[00:47] <Minaplo> ["Well, you don't seem to be falling. A shame, but I always hoped to kill you like this anyway."-
[00:50] <Minaplo> [She raised her hands, pointing down at the undefended Aline. The air grew cold around Aline, the energy being drawn into that strike…-
[00:51] <Minaplo> [Aline heard it, briefly. The sound of something rapid hitting metal, distant but coming closer, coming from behind Scholastica-
[00:55] <Minaplo> [Shinji. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and underpants, a pillowcase in his left hand. He struck Scholastica square in the back of the neck with his elbow. Not nearly enough to kill her, or snap her neck, but enough to stun her, send her off-target. The heat lance rippled through the air, dissipating harmlessly.-
[00:55] <Minaplo> [Scholastica tumbled forward, out of control, past Aline. It was too much to hope that she wouldn't recover before hitting the bottom, but…-
[00:56] <Minaplo> ["A-Aline!" Shouted Shinji, nursing his elbow. "Aline…!"]
[01:08] * Aline stared up. "Shinji! Thanks for the save, I've been…" She reached up. "There's no time. Prepare your stomach!" A familiar crimson lattice emerged to replace Aline, and soon… soon, her and Shinji (she had enough energy not to include random pieces of corridor) vanished, headed towards as close to the battleship bridge as she could manage!
[01:25] <Minaplo> [THE BRIDGE, THIRTY SECONDS AGO-
[01:26] <Minaplo> ["… Negative reports from the marines, Colonel." Said Lieutenant Archibald. "And shipboard scanners still can't seem to locate them. As you feared, it seems Vercingetorix abducted Blanc and Ikari and vanished."-
[01:26] <Minaplo> ["Tch."-
[01:27] <Minaplo> ["What do we do then?" Asked Marianne, glowering down at her feet, where a large lion cub gambolled playfully. "He's taken them for his own purposes of course, so what, do we just stop looking for them? If we don't stop, where would we even start? This bloody job…"-#
[01:27] <Minaplo> ["I couldn't say, Colonel." Said Archibald. "Sadly, clues don't seem to fall out of the sky."-
[01:30] <Minaplo> [A few seconds after the words left her lips, the air rippled out, and two shapes suddenly -appeared- in the dead centre of the bridge, just a few metres from the captain's chair.-
[01:30] <Minaplo> [The bridge went deathly quiet.-
[01:30] <Minaplo> [The crew stared at the two shapes for a second, uncomprehending, a million million statistics simultaneously being mocked out of existence.-
[01:30] <Minaplo> ["…"-
[01:30] <Minaplo> ["…"-
[01:30] <Minaplo> ["… Aaaablurrrgh."]
[01:33] * Aline joined in, but in a great show of strength… "Jau—-urgh… sick- blurgh… Jus… -cond."
[21:52] <Minaplo> [Colonel Marianne's expression was one of surprise mingled with great disgust. "… B-Blanc, what… What is the meaning of this?"]
[21:58] <Aline> "I…" Okay, all systems normal. Gall is in its bladder, all is right with the world. "…was /trying/ to explain we had… jaunt sickness. Vercingetorix took me - and I brought Shinji with me for his health - long story - and then we got attacked in the middle of trying to scry for Yanmei. Big blast, then chased by some kind of laser clone. Escaped here through permasynch uh… AT magic."
[21:58] <Aline> Were it not for the pauses due to restoring her digestive equilibrium, Aline would be rushing through the description.
[22:13] <Minaplo> [There was a momentary pause. Marianne was of course taken aback. Who wouldn't be, having been told such a story? Nevertheless, one didn't become Colonel of NERV without possessing a certain level of jaded acceptance above and beyond that of a normal person. "So you were attacked and fled here. Any chance they might follow?"]
[22:18] * Aline considered that for a moment, finally standing up… and eyeing the former contents of her stomach rather suspiciously, before turning her gaze back to Marianne. "I don't know. It's possible, but I don't know if they have jaunt tracing or not. The clone did, when her beam got absorbed by an ablative, comment about 'lilimcraft', which is… well. It's usually angels that refer to
[22:18] * Aline things that way, but… she had my body, so I don't know how powerful she actually is." A bit of a shifty glance. "That said, they blasted into the place with /something/. I was kind of thinking of heading back there with 00, but again, not sure about pursuit."
[22:31] <Minaplo> [Marianne glanced towards Archibald.-
[22:32] <Minaplo> ["The SRATDs aren't picking up anything. The Global Interception Network was shut down an hour ago for scheduled updates." Said Archibald.-
[22:32] <Minaplo> [Marianne nodded slowly.-
[22:33] <Minaplo> ["Blanc, it might be dangerous for you to go back if they somehow managed to set a trap with E-Scale weapons. We aren't detecting anything, so it might be E-Destroyers or some other comparable weapon- or it's out of our range. Are you willing to take that risk?"-
[22:33] <Minaplo> ["I'll- go too…" Added Shinji, groaning.]
[22:41] * Aline nodded slowly. "I'm aware of the risks, yes. My current thought is to go there and be prepared to quickly escape again." A look at Shinji, though. "If you want."
[22:49] <Minaplo> [Marianne considered for a moment.-
[22:49] <Minaplo> ["Alright, go wash and suit yourselves up."]
[22:54] * Aline nodded firmly, and walked off towards the showers to do just that. Note to self: Try to avoid situations where you have to jaunt without EVA protection if at all possible in the future.
[23:00] <Minaplo> [About twenty minutes later, Aline and Shinji would be washed, suited and inserted into their Evangelions- then deployed onto the deck of the battleship.-
[23:01] <Minaplo> ["(Synch ratios remaining stable, vital signs stable…)"-
[23:01] <Minaplo> ["Alright, Blanc, are you ready? I've put Langley on standby if you need it, but I'd rather not turn this into a full-scale engagement."]
[23:07] * Aline understood quite plainly, and smiled softly from within the plug. "Agreed. Now then… Stay close, Shinji. I don't know its location, but I do know a point we can go to via jaunt." Not that she /needed/ to tell him to stay close, but… soon, the familiar crimson lattice appeared, and Aline focused on herself, 00, 05 and Shinji… then on the general area of that vast chasm she saw
[23:07] * Aline when Vercingetorix was working on the 'ritual'. A few more seconds and /shoop/.
[23:13] <Minaplo> [-CLANG-.-
[23:15] <Minaplo> [The Evas reappeared within the cavern, pushing and twisting a building out of the way as they did. The building, it seemed, had been 'collateral' of their arrival.-
[23:15] <Minaplo> [They reappeared- EVA-00 and 05 both- within the pit, falling for a split second before their wings caught up with them.-
[23:15] <Minaplo> [It was deathly quiet.]
[23:18] <Aline> EVA-00 floated in its usual vaguely contemplative pose - not that one could completely tell the unit's current 'emotion' from outside - and Aline almost immediately after her AT Field cycled again, sent out a ping to search for some shred of remaining life. "Did they just ditch the place before we had time to arrive…?"
[23:18] <Minaplo> [The Ping came back blank…-
[23:19] <Minaplo> ["… It-It seems like they must've."]
[23:30] * Aline shook her head. "…Well, since it's safe-ish, we can get a small chance to look around." She doublechecked channels to make sure command was reading it. If she needed privacy she had other methods.
[23:35] <Minaplo> [Command was indeed picking it up.-
[23:36] <Minaplo> [EVA-05 led the 'charge', floating up and over to the edge of the chasm. "There're two giant, uh, corridors leading into other areas…"]
[23:39] * Aline considered that, thinking of the layout, and drawing a blank because she hadn't been in the larger caverns. "One at a time, just to be cautious, in case they have some kind of AT suppression or somesuch." She gestured with 00's hand to the right-more tunnel.
[23:45] <Minaplo> [A short walk down the tunnel…-
[23:45] <Minaplo> [Would bring them to another huge cavern, but this one was letting the sunlight in. A massive hole had been burned through the ceiling of the cavern, looking over a kilometre long…]
[23:48] * Aline whistled a bit. "Welp, this looks like the entry point." 00 would move around the light - almost as if avoiding it - as Aline busied herself with mild examination. "Hmm."
[23:48] <Minaplo> ["What is it?"]
[23:53] <Aline> "I'm trying to think of what kind of thing could cause that kind of damage. A conventional weapon is a probable 'no', as are lesser AT effects." Aline tapped her chin.
[23:53] <Minaplo> ["Could it be some kind of giant drill…?"]
[00:02] * Aline let herself have a little chuckle. "Well, it looks like it was /burnt/ through, and happened pretty suddenly anyway, so… probably a giant beam. I don't think even a positron drill works that fast."
[00:03] <Minaplo> ["So a giant laser or something…"]
[00:04] <Minaplo> [Shinji seemed to be saying this to himself, for what it was worth.]
[00:08] * Aline kind of sighed, not at Shinji's musings, but at the general possibility of this kind of destructive power being thrown around by someone other than a completely normal angel. (Whether this was a problem caused by a completely /abnormal/ angel was something Aline was still considering). "…Probably nothing else in this one. Check the other cave and then return home, eh?"
[00:09] <Minaplo> ["Yeah, let's do that."-
[00:10] <Minaplo> [The final cavern would be where Aline would find the most obvious clues.-
[00:11] <Minaplo> [A battle had obviously happened here, an Eva-scale battle. The signs included things such as huge gouges out of the cave walls and pools of molten rock. Minor fragments of armour- both Eva metal armour and bone armour- were scattered about, but most notably, the area was full of white, viscous goo that seemed to be slowly breaking down. Some of the puddles were vaguely humanoid shaped, suggesting dissolving entities.-
[00:12] <Minaplo> [Someone had grabbed some white goo and had crudely written a sentence with it: "Nothing's changed".-
[00:12] <Minaplo> [Three Evangelion pens lined the chasm in this room, all of them empty, one highly damaged.]
[00:22] * Aline stared out into the scene of carnage, looking at the various details. The bone armor, the puddles of goo, and of course the brief, semi-cryptic (but not too much so) sentence. "Hmmmmm." Aline once again pronounced. "3 EVA cages. 'Zeruel' - not present but possibly previously so… enemies with Angelic properties or at least superior firepower… what looks like spawn that've since
[00:22] * Aline gone sour? Hrm. Well…" She looked at the EVA armor, even as she scooped up a piece of the bone armor and dipped it in the goo - a sample for analysis. She was, while gathering said sample, looking at the color(s) of the non-bone armor.
[00:22] <Minaplo> [Green, dark blue, and violet.]
[00:25] * Aline wasn't at all surprised. So that's where they ended up - and now they're gone again. "…Doesn't seem to be anything else. Shinji, you catch anything I didn't?" And just for the hell of it, one last ping, as she clutched a slimy bone shard.
[00:28] <Minaplo> [Still nothing except Shinji.-
[00:28] <Minaplo> ["No, n-nothing…"]
[00:30] * Aline nodded to him. "Okay. Let's head back." She clutched her sample and entered the Inverted Field pattern once more… Shoop.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License