Angel Of Mastery Immortals Of Power

[06:53] <AdEvaGM> [NEON GENESIS EVANGELION. Date: 6th of December, 2017. Episode Title: Angel of Mastery, Immortals of Power.-
[06:53] <AdEvaGM> [The search for Gabriel ahd taken too long.-
[06:56] <AdEvaGM> [TheDorian Lachapelle sped across the Atlantic- a trip that would have, in October, taken several days now took mere hours due to Surov's modifications and enhancements. Yet it never quite seemed fast enough. Colonel Amatore sat in the captain's chair, agitated, watching and hearing reports from the States. Evacuations of cities, deployment of Eva units. Wellesley told her he intended to
[06:56] <AdEvaGM> head off the main vanguard in Ohio.-
[06:56] <AdEvaGM> [Then it had been through Maryland, and finally, Philadelphia.-
[06:57] <AdEvaGM> [The battleship was close, getting closer- but not quite close enough. The pilots had been assembled in the hangar, and told to prepare.]
[07:02] <Sept> "I don't think any of us need to say it at this point, but… I've got a bad feeling about this."
[07:03] * Aline shook her head, as she began to pick out what to do. "Saying that has a way of jinxing things, but then again we always deal with trouble…"
[07:06] * Yanmei didn't bother coming up with anything constructive to add, her face arranged in a perfectly neutral expression for now.
[07:09] <AdEvaGM> ["It'll turn out alright." Said William encouragingly. "We know what to expect this time-"-
[07:10] <AdEvaGM> [The last word in his sentence was interrupted as the battleship's alarm systems began to blare. "Pilots, to their units! Enemy interception squad emerging in New York City!" Came Archibald's voice.]
[07:13] <Yanmei> "Ma'am." Yanmei tossed her hair and swiveled. "You guys heard the lady."
[07:15] * Aline slowly nodded - but quickly moved to ready and board, the speed of her assent having little effect on the rush to get ready.
[07:15] <Sept> "Yeah. Good luck out there."
[07:15] <AdEvaGM> [William put on his combat helmet and went to work.-
[07:16] <AdEvaGM> [It wouldn't be long before they'd see their enemy.-
[07:16] <AdEvaGM> ["Hold on." Murmured Will. "Those aren't any sort of enemy we've seen before."-
[07:17] <AdEvaGM> [And indeed they weren't. Smooth oval-like bodies, with round heads bearing a single eye- wings behind their thin white arms, and legs ending in blades. Three of them. One of them was encased in a flowing ribbon of gold; another blue, and the third green.-
[07:17] <AdEvaGM> ["They're a new type of opponent." Said Marianne. "MAGI's sending you combat designations now."]
[07:41] <Yanmei> "God, these Angela have had too much time on their hands? Throwing something like this at us instead of the usual…"-
[07:43] <Yanmei> Yanmei hunched over her controls, frowning. "Let's proceed with caution until we can figure out what they can do. Keep your distance as we close in."
[07:44] <AdEvaGM> ["William, cover them and mark targets."-
[07:44] <AdEvaGM> ["Yes, ma'am." William landed in an empty street on the edge of Central Park, his Heavy Bolter at the ready. "Let's focus on the gold one for now."]
[07:45] * Aline muttered a bit, even as 00 both landed, and then advanced with the others, breaking into a sometimes-flying dash over buildings until she settled on a matching street also near the Park. "Right. It might be a side-effect of her regeneration or a number of different things, so yeah, careful."
[07:52] <Yanmei> 04 had scrambled forward as well, to the edge of the Hudson river, just close enough to affect the gold one's AT Field with her own.
[07:59] * Sept held the front line with her, aiding in the neutralisation.
[08:00] <AdEvaGM> [The blue one- the MAGI identified as Kumbha- shifted its focus, a huge Barrier Field bursting into existence…-
[08:06] <AdEvaGM> [And a second later the other two acted, the gold enemy- Tula- sending a distortion at William- who cried out in alarm as it hit- the other, green one- Mithuna- spreading its wings, shining bolts of anti-AT energy streaking towards the vanguard of Yanmei and Sera.]
[08:21] <Yanmei> A sudden squeak from Yanmei's entry plug… but the overall damage didn't seem to be that bad. "What was that…?"
[08:22] * Aline stared off into the distance, even as she waited for the right moment to shoot… "It reminds me of what Padma used… Except hers were a rapid barrage."
[08:24] <AdEvaGM> ["Readings confirm it's Anti AT energy." Came Surov's voice.]
[08:24] <Sept> The force of the impact on Sera, as well, was quickly nullified by the shield on 01's arm. But the readings -were- just a little off.
[08:33] <Yanmei> "Grr… We're switching targets! Aim for the one generating the Barrier. If we knock them down a few pegs before they start causing major trouble with that attack-" 04 backed up a few paces, "-then it'll be safer for all of us?" -
[08:36] <Yanmei> 04 tensed and then scrambled forward, launching itself off the edge of the river. Its effect on the gold enemy dimmed, and by the time it crashed onto the opposite bank it was the blue one that it was interfering with instead, weakening the shimmering wall blocking the trio from the EVAs.
[08:37] * Aline continued to aim, and… "There!" Popped off a shot once the barrier condensed downwards to its smaller size - enough for her bolt to… possibly go through?
[08:38] <AdEvaGM> [And yet it was like, for a second, she'd struck a mirror- the bolt flew off and hurtled towards Yanmei!]
[08:39] <Aline> "Shit, Yanmei, watch out!"
[08:40] * Yanmei barely had time to shift aside! The bolt sailed past her, landing in and setting a part of Central Park ablaze instead. "W-watch it!"
[08:42] <Sept> "Ricochet..?" Sera took aim and fired another shot. The angle of its reflection was very unnatural, following the previous one loosely. "Hold fire! Yanmei, we have to go in!"
[09:02] <Yanmei> "I hear you." A glance over her shoulder at the burning park… and a few block away at Unit-21. Thank god William hadn't tried to hit any of them yet…
[09:03] * Aline made a little whining noise as 00 lifted off, and expanded its field on-landing to break through a new barrier that had formed…!
[09:04] <AdEvaGM> [A burning bolt of energy lashed through the air towards Yanmei from the Tula entity- whose field diminished slightly as Aline approached, before being obscured by antimatter explosions- the battleship had fired.-
[09:04] <AdEvaGM> [Yet when the smoke cleared, there was mostly rubble and three unhurt Angelspawn remaining.]
[09:12] * Yanmei had managed to dodge the gold Tula's attack… and she took to the air again with a long, hanging leap that brought her down right next to it! There was a second's pause as her AT Field first returned to full strength and then promptly parted Tula's own Field. "De Pteres!"
[09:28] <Sept> "On it!" Sera struggled to get 01 moving at full speed again, its insectile wings working as if underwater. His sword still worked fine, though - as he hoped the Angelspawn would find out.
[09:32] <AdEvaGM> [He was proven wrong- Tula dodged uner his swing, then hurled itself backward.-
[09:33] <AdEvaGM> [Immediately after, Kumbha charged EVA-04- its right arm raising to eye level with Yanmei's unit. A massive powerful arm ram burst forth…-
[09:33] <AdEvaGM> [Whilst the third, Mithuna, immediately shrouded itself and Tula in a barrier field.]
[09:53] <Yanmei> "Oof!" Yanmei staggered, but held her ground before switching focus and countering with her own weapon.
[09:53] <AdEvaGM> [Kumbha ducked low under the attack- but now its AT Field was flickering as William finally arrived.-
[09:53] <AdEvaGM> ["Sera! Hit it now!" Cried Marianne.]
[09:55] <Sept> There was a loud crack as 01 joined them in retaliation, the white-hot tip of the tendril burning its way through the creature's pristine exterior.
[09:58] <AdEvaGM> [The wounds split the armour open and poured fire through it, the body catching aflame. This didn't halt the Spawn- it raised a hand, and its fingers turned into long burning whips, which it slashed through EVA-04's arm. The wounds began to close…]
[10:04] <Yanmei> "You little…" She felt familiar anger rising like some sort of warm, toasty, hateful security blanket. "You'll have to try a lot harder than that!"
[10:05] <AdEvaGM> [A pulse of energy from Tula-
[10:05] <AdEvaGM> [And suddenly the world went dark for Yanmei- she couldn't see anything outside of the Plug, couldn't hear. Next to her, OTIS went berserk, a string of unintelligible gibberish flowing from it.]
[10:11] * Yanmei sat there, stunned, trying to work out what the hell was happening. "Colonel?" No response that she could hear. She was on her own.
[10:17] <AdEvaGM> [Luckily, Yanmei would not have to wait long. Mere seconds after her disabling, William opened fire- heavy bolt shells ripping through Kumbha's wounded flesh and reducing it to ribbons.-
[10:17] <AdEvaGM> [As the Angelspawn fell, its body dissolved into red liquid- and its fellows paused, stared down at it- looked at each other- then vanished into thin air.-
[10:18] <AdEvaGM> ["Sensors confirm, enemy has retreated." Said Sophie.-
[10:18] <AdEvaGM> ["We're clear?"-
[10:18] <AdEvaGM> ["Yes, ma'am."-
[10:18] <AdEvaGM> [It'd take a little longer- but Yanmei's senses would return just in time to hear-
[10:19] <AdEvaGM> ["… Alright. Pilots, you're to proceed to Philadelphia on your own power. The air around the city is thick with anti-air positron beams, and we'd only slow you down. The Boston squad is in desperate need of assistance."]
[10:24] <Yanmei> "R-roger that." 04, which had been angrily flailing at the spot where Kumbha used to be, lowered its prog sword. "Let's go!" She said a little too hastily.
[10:26] * Aline bowed her head, and looked off into the distance. "…Well then, let's go indeed." …And 00 started to glide off!
[10:28] <AdEvaGM> [William focused his AT Field and was soon on after them.]
[10:29] <Sept> "They have to know we'd get there. Don't rush in."
[10:32] <AdEvaGM> [They'd soon arrive at the battlefield- and they'd know it was a battlefield, too.-
[10:33] <AdEvaGM> [The smoking wreckage of Ayanami San's unit lay on burning grass- Asmodel hordes were streaming across a river, on the other side of which stood Rei and her unit. Isaiah, in EVA-08, stood on a bridge, facing down Voriel and Gabriel as though at a western showdown.]
[10:57] * Yanmei eyed the damage along 08's chestplate from a distance, visibly bristling. "We'll split. Some of us'll reinforce the bridge, and the rest will attack the Angels from their flank."
[11:00] <Sept> "I'll cover Isaiah and Rei. Disorganise these hordes as soon as possible!"
[11:05] <Yanmei> "We're counting on you, de Pteres." Yanmei shut her eyes a moment and then opened them again with a tight smile. "William. Looks like we'll have to do some major disorganizing?"
[11:05] * Aline called out, as 00 /zipped/ over. "I'll support you three near the bridge. Take care of those hordes, eh you two?" And her field crashed into Voriel's, with a mixed feeling of betrayal and disdain.
[11:06] <AdEvaGM> ["Understood." Said William grimly.-
[11:07] <AdEvaGM> [Small sharp discs cut across EVA-08's body, courtesy of Voriel- but this didn't stop Isaiah. With an angry roar he charged across the bridge, jumping into the air with an impressive somersault, lashing out with a claw- that smashed into the solid AT Field- before thundering home with the other, which was likewise denied.]
[11:18] * Yanmei took to the air in the meantime, landing next to a horde of ugly Asmodels on the Angels' side of the river, her AT Field pushing against their collective one.
[11:20] <AdEvaGM> [And soon after, her efforts were rewarded as huge swathes of them were ripped apart by a rain of bolt shells!-
[11:24] <AdEvaGM> [But the clearing of the horde meant Yanmei would soon see what was transpiring on the bridge.-
[11:24] <AdEvaGM> [Bright purple energy crackled across Gabriel's wings, building up- before being unleashed against EVA-08's body. She heard- and felt- Isaiah's screams and cries of pain, but then he went silent…-
[11:26] <AdEvaGM> [EVA-08 was still only a second as it roared, back to movement, claws reaching out, ready to rip and tear-
[11:27] <AdEvaGM> [But it never got the chance. Gabriel whipped her wings wide open, the glyphs and shifting swirls on their surfaces glowing- and then, a rain of energy beams crashed against EVA-08, piercing the field, piercing the chest, ripping the unit apart. Even in its berserk state it couldn't withstand the barrage, and it fell, a charred ruin.]
[11:35] <Yanmei> "Isaiah!!" Yanmei slammed a fist against her console, raising partway out of her seat before gravity (pressure?) forced her back down again. A moment. A sharp, wavering breath. Then, "He's okay. But still!"
[11:48] <AdEvaGM> [A sudden push of force against her sword- and a second later, the horde of Asmodels was swarming towards her-
[11:48] <AdEvaGM> [Whilst across the river, Rei laid into her own foes, cutting and slashing them back.]
[11:58] * Aline waited for an opportune shot… and when she fired, she was /surprised/ at how smoothly her target was moving. "…Hrm."
[12:26] <AdEvaGM> [The water before Sera was turbulent and turgid, steaming hot, as the swarms of Asmodels burst from it, energy claws lashing out towards him, horns seeking to gore him.-
[12:26] <AdEvaGM> [Rei swept the last of her foes out, before rushing back towards the bridge, staring down at Voriel and Gabriel.]
[12:30] <Sept> The horde managed no little amount of damage, too, nearly pulling 01 back into the drink with them. Sera stumbled backwards, fighting the last one off before having time for a breath and a glance at his instruments- interrupted by a realisation. "MARIANNE! CUT IT NOW!"
[12:30] <AdEvaGM> ["Cut the ratio." Said Marianne. Surov nodded-
[12:31] <AdEvaGM> [And the feedback built up, lashing out across Sera's mind- but not enough to throw him off.]
[12:48] * Sept was breathing heavily from the shock, but 01 turned around obediently enough and started dashing across the bridge, squarely toward Gabriel. "Forget that group! Redirecting power to weaken Voriel!"
[12:50] <AdEvaGM> [For indeed, Voriel had vanished, leaving Gabriel undefended- he'd gone after William, to no avail.]
[12:51] * Aline dashed up and over the river, staring down her mark, as she herself resumed neutralization, floating in place while simultaneously glancing further. "Get him, Yanmei!"
[12:54] * Yanmei looked up from the puddle of gore that had once been a swarm of Asmodels as a Voriel appeared quiet suddenly to her north… and then scrambled after him, both swords drawn and swinging. "Moving in! Take thisss!!"
[12:56] <Yanmei> ^quite suddenly
[13:12] <AdEvaGM> [The slashes left deep wounds in Voriel, who reeled back, letting out a low cry of pain-
[13:13] <AdEvaGM> [But for a split second, Yanmei could barely see anything- the ground shook beneath her feet. Behind her, on the bridge, Gabriel stared at EVA-01- and began beating its wings. Energy gathered from points all across its body, meeting in a single central area, a ball of blinding energy-
[13:13] <AdEvaGM> [Which exploded outwards a second later, flooding the entire area with lethal vaporising fury.]
[13:30] * ZackSleep is now known as Zack
[13:44] * Raphael has quit IRC (Quit: <AdEvaGM> Saber is very patient. <Shirou> What is going onnnnnnnn <Saber> Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You shouldn't speak. You're an idiot.)
[13:58] * Sept managed to drop down and shield himself somewhat from the blast, but seeing how the bridge itself was being torn apart every which way, it wasn't much. Barely avoiding falling into the river with the crumbling chunks of concrete, 01 took off after Voriel.
[14:00] * Aline rose up as well, trying to angle enough to get a - and succeeding at getting a - lock on Voriel's field again!
[14:00] <Yanmei> Shocked from the explosion, Yanmei just watched as the chase took to the air. And… distractions pulled her back to the source of that, using her AT Field to weaken Gabriel's as well as she could. "You won't do that again!"
[14:03] <AdEvaGM> [The moment the two Evas reached a certain height, however, they found themselves the focus of unwanted attention. Far off into the distance- kilometres away- enemies- Qaphsiels- turned their attentions on Aline and Sera. the air was thick with beams of antimatter, one of which tearing through the armor and flesh in 01's right leg.-
[14:05] <AdEvaGM> [Gabriel turned to look at Yanmei, almost dismissively- beyond, she saw Voriel's body fall to the ground, shredded by bolt rounds. With a flick of a wing, Voriel's core flickered and died.-
[14:05] <AdEvaGM> [The air around Gabriel shimmered, and she turned back to look at Rei. In an instant, burning bonds ripped out of the ground around EVA-09- and although Rei tried, she couldn't avoid them, and within seconds found herself elsewhere entirely- right next to Gabriel.]
[07:19] <AdEvaGM> [The area was instantly shrouded in explosions and dust as the shells landed.-
[07:19] <AdEvaGM> ["Alright. Rei, Sera, move in to neutralise." Said Marianne. "Yanmei, I'm cutting your Ratio- prepare yourself!"]
[07:21] <Yanmei> "Right!" And she braced herself - although it didn't do much to stave off the wave of dizziness that hit immediately afterward. "Ugh…"
[07:23] * Aline found herself, after the Qaphsiels attacked, quickly diving down and moving a bit closer to Gabriel, landing on that same bridge - or, perchance, what was left of it after her giant plasma blast - and… doing /something/. A zone that looked a bit 'fuzzy' for lack of a better word appeared around 00, moving out 300m around the unit. "I'm dampening teleportation in the area!"
[07:23] <Sept> "Neutralising… now! Get in there!"
[07:25] * Yanmei held her own neutralisation, skipping a bit to the west until her head cleared.
[07:26] <AdEvaGM> [William opened fire with his heavy bolter…-
[07:27] <AdEvaGM> ["… They should be doing more than that! Come on!"-
[07:40] <AdEvaGM> [Gabriel was focused on Rei now, sending a barrage of energy bolts her way. Rei dodged most of them- but a streak of lightning struck her square in EVA-09's singular eye, Rei crying out in pain as a force bolt finally struck her, sending her hurtling across the city.]
[08:17] * Yanmei had come to her senses in time to catch that, at least, and she scowled. "De Pteres! Let's rush her!"
[08:33] <Sept> "Got it!" 01 took off after the Angel, progressive blade whirring.
[08:35] <AdEvaGM> [As he swung, a flashing glyph burst into the air in front of him, almost jarring the blade out of his hand on impact- but the blade cut through, scoring a deep mark across Gabriel's flesh.]
[08:37] * Yanmei followed up quickly after that with her own flurry, managing a hit or two of her own.
[08:37] <AdEvaGM> ["She's falling! C'mon, last push!" Shouted William, EVA-21 running through the streets.-
[08:39] <AdEvaGM> [Gabriel did indeed seem close to perishing- but she rallied, the wounds across her chest healing quickly. With sudden speed she hurled herself backwards- just in time for a few old friends to reappear. Tula and Mithuna appeared, and instantly they began to attack, Tula launching a spear of light at Yanmei…-
[08:39] <AdEvaGM> [Whilst Gabriel's head began to twist rapidly, ripping and tearing at the flesh of its neck, before stopping on a different head. A ripple of rainbow light shot from its eyes, straight through Yanmei's plug.]
[08:53] <Yanmei> The physical pain she ignored, but there was a sudden squeak at the burst of light and she reeled back a bit. "What?! I… Don't call me… !!!" And then a thin, agonized scream as she pulled an arm across her face. "My eyes! My eyes! Again-?!"
[09:01] * Sept managed to deflect the streak of light out of the air with a strained yell. "Keep it together! We're almost there!"
[09:05] <AdEvaGM> ["Right!" Rei charged at Gabriel, hoping to inflict the killing strike-
[09:05] <AdEvaGM> [Only for Gabriel to slip past her at the last second, shooting a plasma strike at Rei's head. "G-Gyah!"]
[09:36] <Yanmei> "Grrr…!" Yanmei raised the Imperial Herald into the air and screamed something. And then, after a moments pause, reiterated in French, her voice swelling to oddly robust dimensions, laced through with authority. "Slay her! For the glory of our homelands… everyone… Chaaaarge!"
[09:38] * Aline looked at Yanmei's screen with alarm, but… while she was focusing her energy, she saw an opening, or at least thought she did. Aline let the AT charge gather… then explode in a cross shooting out of the streets, rising right after Gabriel dodged Sera's shots that totally had happened. After that, though… "Aye!" She cried out, and rushed with the Lance of Tears!
[09:41] <Sept> And with a yell, Sera joined in, skewering the Angel from one more angle.
[09:43] * Yanmei‘ went last, stumbling slightly at the onset, but swinging hard until she felt her swords hit something, and then hacking, hacking, hacking with all that she had.
[09:44] * Yanmei has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[09:46] <AdEvaGM> [The Herald shore through one of Gabriel’s faces, which screamed as it collapsed to the ground. Sera's sword cut through its stomach, splashing blood across several city blocks, even as the Lance of Tears ripped through tendons in its legs.-
[09:49] <AdEvaGM> [Blade glowing with the sheer heat of its vibrating friction, Yanmei's sword sliced through its torso, bisecting it from shoulder through to hip, the S2 Organ splitting in half. With a piteous roar of pain and anguish, Gabriel tottered backwards, then forwards, as through drunk.-
[09:49] <AdEvaGM> [With a horrid metallic sound, William tore off his heavy bolter and tossed it aside through a nearby school, his bolt pistol Ignatius falling out of a wing dock and into his hand. His Eva's four wings began to shine as he pointed his pistol at Gabriel- and took careful aim.-
[09:49] <AdEvaGM> ["Requiescat in pace." He pulled the trigger.-
[09:50] <AdEvaGM> [The bolt struck the core square in the middle, splitting it in half- even before the bolt exploded, cracks were shining across its red surface.-
[09:51] <AdEvaGM> [It exploded outwards with such powerful force that windows and glass over a kilometre away shattered from the force. But it wasn't enough to even scratch the Evangelions.-
[09:51] <AdEvaGM> [Tula and Mithuna stared down at the ragged fleshy rags of Gabriel- then turned to look at each other. A second later, they both dissolved into nothingness.-
[09:51] <AdEvaGM> ["Sensors confirm, all Pattern Blue signatures gone." Said Surov.]
[09:56] <Yanmei‘> The heat died down and 04 swayed slightly, nearly dropping a weapon or two. "We won…"
[09:57] * Sept exhaled deeply. "Guess so. Well done, everyone."
[10:00] * Aline nodded, taking her own deep breath. 00 looked around along with her, seeming to want to survey the carnage. "That’s… the end of that one then."
[10:01] <AdEvaGM> [William walked over, his Eva placing its pistol back as it went.-
[10:01] <AdEvaGM> ["Well, Aline?" He asked, looking down at the ruined wreck. "Don't you wanna say goodbye?"]
[10:05] * Aline stared at it… "…I…" She shook her head, and 00 did as well. "I hope he's at least a bit happier. I regret that he grew to hate me, but… There's reasons for everything, I'm sure."
[10:16] <AdEvaGM> ["Maybe one day you'll get the chance to clear the air." Said William.-
[10:16] <AdEvaGM> ["C'mon. Let's go home."]
[10:17] <Aline> "Maybe…" She looked off into the distance for a moment, but would soon get ready to go, much as the others would in time.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License