Cherry Blossom Procession 4 3

[07:14] <AdEvaGM> [END OF EVANGELION. 14th of November, 2018. Location: the outskirt suburbs of Moscow, Russia, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. "Cherry Blossom Procession" 4.3-
[07:17] <AdEvaGM> [EVA-01's AT Field flared brightly, blunting the impact from the Super Dreadnought's lance.-
[07:18] <AdEvaGM> [But only for a moment- the tip of the lance flared, then began to emit waves of faint blue light that grew firmer with every milisecond. Suddenly the barrier began to buckle inward- and crack! The lance began to muscle through…]
[07:19] * Mogatron (~ten.dshqrabme.pchd.011-452-6-67-ho|nortagoM#ten.dshqrabme.pchd.011-452-6-67-ho|nortagoM) Quit (Quit: G'night!)
[07:26] <Sept> Sera had been stretched thin enough already, and he was long past the luxury of shields to hide behind. As the point of the dreadnought's lance pressed in, 01's legs shifted to allow him to press forward - the lance immediately pierced the armor on the Evangelion's side, but he'd secured a firm grip on the dreadnaught's arm in turn, trying to tear it off!-
[07:26] <Sept> "Can't you just fucking disarm yourselves for once?! You don't want this!"
[07:28] * SyntaxPhone (~if.atsiakajaal-asile.85-842-311-88a|xatnyS#if.atsiakajaal-asile.85-842-311-88a|xatnyS) has joined #nervfrance
[07:33] <AdEvaGM> [The arm was surprisingly- stubbornly- infuriatingly- rugged. It began to give, but only resentfully.-
[07:33] <AdEvaGM> [There was a lightning-flash of red.-
[07:35] <AdEvaGM> [EVA-02 appeared upon the Dreadnought's shoulders; it reached down, grabbed its head by the jaw and pulled upward. With a squealing screech the head came free.-
[07:35] <AdEvaGM> [02 leapt off, hidden from Sera's view by the bulk of the machine. It reappeared a moment later- or rather its arm did, having punched through the Dreadnought's chest, using its own head as a knuckleduster.-
[07:35] <AdEvaGM> [The Dreadnought's frame shuddered, then slumped, its arm suddenly giving.-
[07:36] <AdEvaGM> [Asuka gave out a demented little cackle as she pulled her arm free. "Saved your shit again, Jolly Green!" She shouted as she leapt way, beelining for…]
[07:49] <Yanmei> 04, standing in a field heaped with debris, gripping the mighty Excalibur with both hands as three enemy Dreads stomped toward it. Yanmei's breathing was coming in a little ragged over the comms, but she didn't give them a chance to get close… instead she suddenly rushed at them head on, burying the blade in the midsection of one of them and then wrenching it free again and then turning it on another with startling speed.
[07:53] <Sept> "Right, you're a real killing machine when it counts, huh? Right on the brink of being annihilated, weren't we?"
[07:54] <AdEvaGM> ["You're just jealous." Said Asuka, idly tossing the head in the air before roundhouse kicking it. It struck Yanmei's prey square across the left eye, distracting it; its shield was open.-
[07:54] <AdEvaGM> [Yanmei cut it clean in half, the torso toppling aside a second later.-
[07:56] <AdEvaGM> [The battle, as it was, had a brutality to it that they found hard to put into words. For pure strength, the Super Dreadnoughts- twice as tall as a normal Dreadnought, armed with powerful radiation weaponry- had not been much of a challenge beyond the opening blows. There had been thirteen of them, and now seven were left, backing away and pulling into a tighter formation, a tortoise
[07:56] <AdEvaGM> bristling with lances and cannons.-
[07:57] <AdEvaGM> [And in the fields around them the Red Army's back had been broken. Soviet Command had stopped sending commands twenty minutes ago, and the German-French combined forces had easily overrun their positions. Every minute reports came in, informing the UEF that another few hundred soldiers had surrendered or been captured.-
[07:58] <AdEvaGM> [But the Super Dreadnoughts had fought with a bare savagery. Although skilled and disciplined soldiers, their blows fell with a particular viciousness that felt to Yanmei and Sera as palpably hateful.-
[07:58] <AdEvaGM> [The air around the Dreadnought formation crackled, and they crouched; a series of force bubbles burst into existence around them.-
[07:59] <AdEvaGM> ["Dense energy shielding." Said Marianne from the battleship. "They'll use it to ward off ranged attacks, and try to use their field of fire to shred anyone engaging them up close."]
[08:03] <Sept> "I can take point and draw their fire," Sera replied.
[08:05] <Yanmei> "Right, then. Asuka, let's make it quick once he gets their attention, yeah?"
[08:07] <AdEvaGM> ["Sounds good." Said Asuka gleefully. "Should we go before or after he begins to glow in the dark?"]
[08:12] <Sept> "Whichever pleases you. You've got about fifteen seconds." 01 stood its ground for a little longer before bounding towards the line of war machines with unnatural speed.
[08:26] <AdEvaGM> [As 01 approached the Dreadnoughts opened fire, glowing shells streaking toward him. The shells burst a second before impact, his AT Field rippling and dissolving before them. Other shells, these ones glowing only with the heat of their speed, were able to punch right through toward his bulk…]
[08:31] <Sept> The Evangelion took the initial volley in stride, though clearly slowed down, metal and beast groaning in response. 01 thrust the Lance of Cassius in front of him to conjure up another barrier — not an AT field, exactly, but he didn't expect it to fare much better than one in this environment.
[08:52] <Yanmei> In the meantime, 04 crouched and braced its feet against the earth. For a moment it was still… and then suddenly it was in the air, half flying, half leaping above the hailstorm of enemy fire. It came crashing down upon one of the Dreadnoughts like a violet comet, all blades and weighted armor targeted at the thing's shoulders.
[08:58] <AdEvaGM> [04 tore through its shield barrier easily.-
[08:59] <AdEvaGM> [The Dreadnought barely had time to react before Yanmei had smashed it into the earth. For a moment, the formation was abruptly disrupted, staring at Yanmei as though stunned.-
[09:00] <AdEvaGM> [02 swept into the line now; she swung her axe through one Dreadnought's leg before bringing it down on its back. She yanked the axe free and swung it back down, but at the last second she created a dirac portal; the axe went through and embedded itself in the head of a second Dreadnought on the other side of the formation.-
[09:01] <AdEvaGM> ["Sera, you should have enough clear air to get stuck in now." Said Kourosh.]
[09:04] <Sept> "Enough- what are you talking about?"
[09:08] <AdEvaGM> ["Just stab something!"]
[09:11] <Sept> "That's not what you said at all!"-
[09:14] <Sept> Sera dispelled the remnants of the Lance's barrier and advanced to help with the cleanup effort. With 02 and 04 on the scene, it seemed unlikely he would have time to make a significant impact, but he put his heart into disabling the mechs as quickly as he could.
[09:22] <AdEvaGM> [And before long there was only one left. Even still it didn't falter- it simply raised its shields and hunkered down.-
[09:22] <AdEvaGM> ["Sudden energy spike-" cried Sophie.-
[09:22] <AdEvaGM> ["It's preparing to self-destruct." Said Marianne suddenly. "Clear the area! Prepare cannons!"]
[09:26] * Yanmei made a break for it, raising and reinforcing her own AT Field and then soaring straight up into the air again. "You heard her! Let's go!"
[09:29] * SyntaxPhone (~if.atsiakajaal-asile.85-842-311-88a|xatnyS#if.atsiakajaal-asile.85-842-311-88a|xatnyS) Quit (Quit: Bye)
[09:55] * Sept started to take his distance from the hulk - with less urgency at first, but quickly leaping out after a few seconds.
[09:57] <AdEvaGM> [Asuka was already out and away, her wings propelling her forward.-
[09:58] <AdEvaGM> ["Cannons two and three ready- firing!" Said Archibald.-
[09:58] <AdEvaGM> [The impact cannons slammed into the overloading Dreadnought, the whine of its reactor suddenly engulfed by the rushing of a positron annihilation. When the smoke cleared, the Dreadnought had more or less disintegrated.]
[10:02] <Sept> "Right. What's the situation?"
[10:04] <AdEvaGM> ["The Red Army's broken." Said Marianne. "Their Dreadnoughts are down and our commandos have succeeded at disrupting the Kremlin and Soviet Command. Any organised resistance against Federation forces has collapsed."]
[10:07] * Yanmei exhaled. "Any word on the number of casualties?"
[10:11] <AdEvaGM> ["Around 4,000 on our side, four times that on their's." Said Kourosh.]
[10:15] <Sept> "Mmh. Could be worse."
[10:18] * Yanmei didn't reply to that. She seemed to be thinking. "Should we pull back? Head back to the Dorian?"
[10:26] <AdEvaGM> ["If you like, you can help the ground forces by moving into Moscow proper and inducing as many people as you can to surrender." Said Kourosh.]
[10:30] <Sept> "It's been a while since we were last asked to do publicity work…"
[10:34] <Yanmei> "'Publicity work', huh?" Yanmei gave a small smile. "Anyway, that might be the better move. Shall we?"
[10:40] <Sept> "Yup. See if we can get a metropolis tucked in."
[10:43] <AdEvaGM> […-
[10:44] <AdEvaGM> [Moscow itself had not seen much fighting. The fortress-emplacements had been silenced as the battle had started, thanks to the work of Guillory's SOS team.-
[10:45] <AdEvaGM> [Red Army units fled into the city, however, and dissolved into a tide of chaos; in fact the streets were as disorderly as could be between the press of fleeing civilians and soldiery.-
[10:45] <AdEvaGM> [Furthermore, there had been some disturbance within the city itself, something Yanmei and Sera didn't know about- and neither did command. Parts of the city seemed to be under the control of a well-armed militia…]
[10:54] <Sept> "What do you mean, militia? Are they hostile?"
[10:58] <AdEvaGM> ["They don't seem to be, but they're not ours and they're not Red Army either."]
[11:02] <Yanmei> "Then we just need to ask them to identify themselves."
[11:13] <Sept> "Right. Wouldn't they normally want to contact us in a situation like this?"
[11:13] <AdEvaGM> [Before long the coordinates would be downloaded into 01 and 04's computers.]
[11:17] <Sept> "Told you. Publicity. Let's get going."
[11:22] <Yanmei> "Naturally~" 04 began to float off toward said coordinates. "You guys be polite while we're investigating this. Especially you, Asuka."
[11:27] <Sept> "Of course. We'll be tactful."
[11:29] <AdEvaGM> ["Hmph."]
[11:36] <Sept> As the three of them moved, Sera spoke up again. "Now, this is just me…"-
[11:36] <Sept> "But there's no way something like this is a trap, right?"
[11:37] <Yanmei> "It's a little late in the game for one of those," Yanmei scoffed. "What would the Soviets have to gain if they've already lost everything?"
[11:39] <Sept> "Well, not the Soviets, no. They're not in any shape to set traps. But the UN, or Angels or another third party."
[11:45] <AdEvaGM> ["Yeah, Angels form militias all the time." Said Asuka drily.]
[11:47] <Yanmei> "Ehhh, but okay, it wouldn't be the first time the UN planned something like that? Waiting for us to fight some critical battle and then swooping in to take advantage of our exhaustion afterward?"
[11:49] <AdEvaGM> ["There'd be better battles than this cakewalk." Said Asuka.-
[11:50] <AdEvaGM> [The militia-held areas looked little different to the rest of Moscow, except that their roads and prospects were blockaded with makeshift barricades, manned by rows of greatcoated figures toting rifles, pistols and the odd grenade launcher. Here and there were even battle tanks, but no barricade had more than one, if that.]
[11:54] <Sept> "I guess that's a militia," Sera said, setting down on a street a few blocks outside the blockades. "All yours?"
[12:03] <Yanmei> "Right." Yanmei dropped gently down to the ground a short distance away from one of the first barricades, in full view, and flipped on her open comm. "This is Evangelion Unit 04 of the United Earth Federation," she announced in English, her voice broadcasting over the street. This had better not be a trap after all… "I wish to speak to your highest commanding officer. We do not intend to attack you. I repeat, I need a peaceful meeting with your highest commanding officer."
[12:09] * Zack is now known as ZackAFK
[12:10] <AdEvaGM> [There was a scramble of activity as the message was relayed. A few minutes later, a scruffy-looking man appeared on the barricade.-
[12:10] <AdEvaGM> ["In person!" He shouted in rough English.]
[12:15] <Sept> "I'd really rather not. Are you gonna agree to it?"
[12:16] <AdEvaGM> ["You're remote synched- they don't know that you're as dangerous outside as you are in." Said Kourosh. "And 04's field can protect you if so."]
[12:16] <Yanmei> "I'm going to," Yanmei replied switching back over to a private channel. "You and Asuka stay in your Evas in case things go south. Also, make sure no one tries to hijack 04."
[12:17] <AdEvaGM> [Asuka rolled her eye so overtly, one could almost hear it.-
[12:17] <AdEvaGM> ["Enjoy walking around in the cold with just a plugsuit~" trilled Sophie.]
[12:18] <Sept> "…fine. Good luck."
[12:23] <Yanmei> Yanmei gave pause. Too late did she consider the outside temperature or her appearence when emerging from the entry plug dripping LCL and all. Still, she backed 04 up a considerable distance, grit her teeth, and began the manual ejection process. -
[12:26] <Yanmei> Eventually, she was on the ground, striding toward the barricade.
[12:30] <AdEvaGM> [At first the cold and the wind seemed to cut right through to her bones. It was freezing; her body ached for the warmth of 04's innards.-
[12:31] <AdEvaGM> [But a few seconds later, her suit tightened for a moment; and then it became much warmer, practically toasty inside. Only her face was cold now, which wasn't nothing.-
[12:31] <AdEvaGM> [The barricadiers watched Yanmei approach warily.-
[12:31] <AdEvaGM> ["You are… Zhang?" Said the leader.]
[12:34] <Yanmei> "That's right?" She eyed him just as warily. "Please identify yourself as well."
[12:35] <AdEvaGM> ["Closer."]
[12:37] <Yanmei> "This is as close as I come until you identify yourself. You're not Red Army, are you?"
[12:40] <AdEvaGM> ["No."]
[12:41] <Yanmei> "Then who are you?"
[12:43] <AdEvaGM> ["Sekhmet."]
[12:54] * Yanmei stared. Her eyes narrowed. "I'm surprised. But not that surprised. What do you intend to do here?"
[12:55] <AdEvaGM> [The soldiers quit the barricade in a hurry.-
[12:57] <AdEvaGM> [A few moments later, the barricade itself shifted! Debris rippling and pushed aside by- as Yanmei saw- Iron Guard, wearing the distinctive blue and golden armour of the Council of Sekhmet. The barricade had been built literally on their shoulders.-
[12:58] <AdEvaGM> [There were a dozen of them, all pointing bolters at Yanmei.-
[12:59] <AdEvaGM> ["You probably think we intend to kill you," came a soft voice from behind Yanmei- where a Sekhmetine Guard was standing. He was somewhat taller, his crest higher, and he wielded an ornate golden staff tipped with two intertwined cobras.]
[13:01] <Sept> "Is this the part where we crush the rest of this useless city?"
[13:01] <AdEvaGM> ["C'mon, don't be like that." Said Kourosh.]
[13:03] <Sept> "They are pointing weapons at Yanmei, Kourosh."
[13:03] <AdEvaGM> ["Then crush the part of Moscow that's pointing weapons at her, not the rest of it."]
[13:05] <Sept> "Right. My apologies to helpful Russians."
[13:09] <Yanmei> Yanmei's head snapped around at the new voice. It was, actually, rather hard to do in light of the impressive display in front of her. "You certainly look like you intend to kill me," said Yanmei coldly. "You're the boss here?"
[13:11] <AdEvaGM> ["That's correct. My name is Osiris."-
[13:12] <AdEvaGM> ["But we don't intend anything of the sort. We might be Iron Guard, but we're not fools." He shook his head ruefully. "Thirteen Guard is not enough for Zhang Yanmei… Isn't that right?"]
[13:23] <Yanmei> "I doubt you set up all of these barricades just on the off chance that you'd catch one person - even if it's Zhang Yanmei. What sort of surprise are you planning to spring on all the civilians and fleeing soldiers here?"
[13:24] <AdEvaGM> ["Oh, the surprise isn't here…"-
[13:24] <AdEvaGM> [At that moment, Asuka shrieked. Sera would see her viewscreen, Asuka writhing madly in her seat, electric shocks running through her body.-
[13:24] <AdEvaGM> ["W-What the-" Swore Sophie. "My console! It's not responding!"]
[13:34] <Sept> "Yanmei, get back right now!"
[13:40] * Yanmei shifted her gaze to the side, clearly distracted. And suddenly there was a massive crash between her and the barrier. Something large and violet slammed into the earth, blocking her view of the rows of Iron Guard - 04. -
[13:43] <Yanmei> Before the shower of debris it sent up into the air had finished raining back down to the ground again it reached out with both hands. One aimed at Yanmei herself and the other aimed at Osiris.
[13:45] <AdEvaGM> [Osiris didn't resist as 04 scooped him up.-
[13:45] <AdEvaGM> [Before long, Yanmei would be stowed safely away in the plug, which closed itself up.-
[13:45] <AdEvaGM> [The Sekhmetine Guard below melted away in all the commotion…-
[13:46] <AdEvaGM> ["It's trying to shock Yanmei!" Shouted Sophie.-
[13:46] <AdEvaGM> ["AT Cannon charging up on its own!" Said Archibald. "All cannons and missile batteries are orienting themselves toward Moscow-"-
[13:46] <AdEvaGM> ["A cyber attack?" Said Marianne.-
[13:47] <AdEvaGM> ["We don't-"-
[13:47] <AdEvaGM> [There was a loud and clanging bang on the other side of the comms.-
[13:47] <AdEvaGM> ["What the- you?!"-
[13:47] <AdEvaGM> [There was the roar of weapons fire, a bolter it sounded like- and a scream, Yanmei didn't know who- and then suddenly the comms went dead.]
[13:52] <Sept> "Keep an eye on Asuka! I'll stop the ship from-"-
[13:52] <Sept> "Just stay safe, okay!"
[13:56] <Yanmei> "Marianne-!" Yanmei swore. "Sera, look. Do whatever is necessary! I'll catch up!" -
[13:59] <Yanmei> There was a hiss and a very loud blubbing noise, as if there was something unusual was causing lots of bubbles in the LCL around her. The visuals on her comms suddenly switched off as she did… something.
[14:00] <Sept> "Stay in contact. If I don't hear from you, I'm coming back right away."-
[14:01] <Sept> With that, 01 spread out a Barrier field - likely inadequate for what he was planning - and took off flying towards the battleship.
[14:10] <Yanmei> 04, on the other hand was busy. After a few minutes of stillness, with the nafarious Osiris still clasped in one hand, it turned toward 02 and began the clumsy process of manually ejecting Asuka's entry plug…
[14:14] <AdEvaGM> [The entry plug slid slowly out, jets of steam pouring forth from the hatch. Over the comms, Yanmei could hear Asuka's pained yelps.-
[14:16] <AdEvaGM> [The Dorian opened fire, streaks of positron energy streaking through the sky… Striking into 01 and its barrier with heavy force, but not quite enough to punch through.-
[14:17] <AdEvaGM> [The light of the charging AT Cannon, however, was bright enough to be seen clearly from here- a shot of that would easily punch through…-
[14:17] <AdEvaGM> [… And then the space around the ship rippled, and with a slow winking, whisked the ship away.]
[14:21] <Sept> 01 stood there for a few moments, arms outstretched towards the empty sky.-
[14:21] <Sept> "…no, no, no. They got to Tsubaki."-
[14:21] <Sept> "It was him."
[14:30] * Yanmei hesitated before attempting to open the hatch. "Asuka? Asuka, can you hear me?"
[14:32] <AdEvaGM> ["N… Ngh… Y-yeah…"]
[14:35] <Yanmei> "You alright? Can you move?"
[14:35] <AdEvaGM> ["Yeah… The hell happened?"]
[14:37] <Yanmei> "Ambush. Hostile takeover on board the Dorian. We have to regroup with de Pteres right this very second."
[14:38] <AdEvaGM> ["How the hell-?"]
[14:39] <Yanmei> "Oh, we'll find out in just a second. Meet Osiris, the mastermind behind this operation…"
[14:40] <AdEvaGM> ["You give me too much credit." Said Osiris sleekly. "I was merely the distraction, nothing more. The mastermind was someone within your own ranks."]
[14:43] <Sept> "We have precious few suspects…"
[14:50] * Yanmei shrugged. "Either way, we'll find out whoever it is. Sera, are you all right out there? Let's have the four of us get together and sort out what exactly just happened."
[14:52] <Sept> "Yeah. Everything's… well, it's not, but this place is safe. I'm coming."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License