For The Love Of Life 1 3a

[11:18] <@Minaplo> [Massprobe: What do the pilots expect it to look like?]
[11:22] <Aline> [Aline expected… well, she had a certain meta-expectation. She felt that it had no form, but realized it was probably beyond human comprehension to recognize something with no form. It was a paradox, and she resolved it with a wayward thought.] "…Chaos. Sound and fury, signifying nothing."
01[11:23] <Yanmei> [Still queasy from the disortions. Half-anticipating some strange weightless space filled with shifting colors, geometrical shapes, and half-formed swords and lances and other weapons jutting out from the ground. If there was a ground.]
[11:24] <Sept> [Floating incorporisations of ideas, stuff from aged popular culture. A place where you can go 'oh, there's that thing I wanted to invent'.]
[11:35] <@Minaplo> [And then there was Go, who was trying not to think of potatoes and was suddenly horrifically aware that her thoughts were no longer her own.]
[11:44] <@Minaplo> [Focus. Think about your anchors. People who are not here. Your commitment to your ideals. Your self-belief. Your self-respect. Focus, and then when you are ready, Zhang Yanmei, and Sera de Pteres, release your parts of the Lance.]
[11:52] <Sept> [Paris, the ra- what? Oh, of course.]
01[11:59] <Yanmei> [Still rather queasy… in fact, a little worse now, given their disorienting surroundings. A heroic effort to focus on people left behind on the Battleship, with faces flashing briefly by. Lizzie, Marianne, Asuka… that goddamned Lilly Norling… A little surge of cleansing rage…]
[12:03] <Aline> [And for Aline's sake, she thought of… She thought of her family, of Shinji (on some level, there wasn't quite a difference), and as the focus expanded, she noted the desire for peace, the wish that this all would eventually be resolved for the good of every race. Unbidden, the mental image of the chess piece Vercingetorix… no, Gendo, gave her. The one that represented all concerns in
[12:03] <Aline> this situation with its manifold wings. …Another unbidden thought. If only because they shared a body… She wondered, briefly, if she'd ever be able to reach Scholastica with her ideals.]
[12:05] <Sept> [If peace among humanity was to follow from this event, would that make Scholastica more or less receptive?]
[12:07] <Aline> [She considered that, and decided she'd find out what the future revealed, when it came.]
[12:10] <@Minaplo> [Bring us closer, Aline Blanc.]
[12:13] <Aline> [The focus resolved itself, and Aline did so with purpose. Bind together, move closer…]
[12:26] <@Minaplo> [A pulse across the link as Ezekiel 'took stock' of their mental situation.-
[12:41] <@Minaplo> [Go was clearly and utterly terrified, maybe because this was proof that her thoughts could become -real- in here, and… That meant her fears! Or much worse, her dreams and desires! Wanting to leave right now!-
[12:41] <@Minaplo> [Ezekiel was furious.]
[12:43] <Aline> [Aline had to /harshly/ force back curiosity - which of course meant that now everyone knew she was curious about something - to instead just leave a calm feeling that suggested that they just focus on the Lance again.]
[12:44] <Sept> [The Lance. At least they hadn't brought any Neos with them.]
01[12:47] <Yanmei> [Using her experience with the Libido Effect. Focusing not so much on the Lance, but on trying to send a sense of calm in Go's direction. A quick nudge to get Isaiah to join in…]
[12:48] <@Minaplo> [And so he did, enthusiastically.-
[12:48] <@Minaplo> [This resulted in a Go that did manage to calm down, yet was still thinking about the potato.]
[12:54] <@Minaplo> [Try to focus. Solely on one thing. Focus on what you think the Lance looks like when it is reformed.]
[12:56] <Aline> [There was a bit of a roundabout method to Aline's madness. Namely, she was cataloguing the pieces, and pieced together the original design from that. She even imagined ghostly images of the Lance's pieces flowing together to form the proper image…]
[12:59] <Sept> [Proving probably more accurate than 01's visualization based on the other Lance, with the surface patterns suggested by the fragments.]
01[13:01] <Yanmei> [Workable. Now changing her own thoughts: A Lance that was an extra large and shiny version of what Sera had been given at the Grotto. Maybe with markings that glowed slightly like magic runes once it was whole and 'alive'.]
[07:30] <Sept> [Strange. He'd done this before, but not with anyone. Restricting compromises between minds… a little frustrating. The Louvre this certainly wasn't.]
01[07:32] <Yanmei> […eventually feeling a certain irritable exhaustion and an urge to stretch her legs. Wasn't this supposed to be faster? Were they doing it wrong?]
[07:33] <Aline> [This was incredibly boring. That much was almost immutable fact. Aline's thought patterns were starting to twist into little convoluted loop-de-loops in order to stay on task.]
[07:34] <@Minaplo> [This will take some time.-
[07:35] <@Minaplo> [Go, meanwhile, was managing to keep herself calm and focused, perhaps drawing on a few Ayanami tricks;-
[07:37] <@Minaplo> [Isaiah, his eyes closed, was managing to stick to the task, trying to support Yanmei all the while. He tried to lift Yanmei's spirits with a pulse of warm romantic thought- only to forget about the link until it was too late.-
[07:38] <@Minaplo> [Go went a bright shade of red. "Ahh… Haha…"]
01[07:42] <Yanmei> [D'awww… a certain warm reciprocation on Yanmei's part. With a teeny bit of awkwardness mixed in. This was, but shouldn't have been, a public display of affection, so it was a little strange…]
[07:48] <Sept> [Sera took it more like a poorly thought-out joke, trying to get past it - difficult though it might be - with a scoff.]
02[07:57] * @Minaplo (~ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM#ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
03[07:58] * Minaplo (~ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM#ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
[08:27] <Minaplo> -GROUP PROBE-
[08:29] <Sept> [What kind of twisted mind..? The melody, infuriatingly familiar yet devoid of any significance - had he caused this?! Should they try to tear it off the Lance?]
01[08:31] <Yanmei> […confusion. Trying to size up the threat, if it was a threat. Even if it was, the best way to combat it was to ignore it, right?]
[08:31] <Aline> [Aline found this to be… different. But then again, it seemed relatively benign, if slightly 'handsy'. BACKGROUND MUSIC, HOOOOOOOOOO!]
[08:38] <Minaplo> [An entity created by thoughts from this group. It may be hostile. Prepare yourselves.]
[08:42] <Minaplo> [It is probably best if we retrieve the Lance.]
[08:44] <Aline> [There was a hastily added yes-probably impulse there.]
[08:45] <Sept> [Prepare? That surely means fight. Obviously. But would it matter who had the Lance?]
01[08:46] <Yanmei> [How could they fight a -sea- of tentacles? A retreat to someplace safer would be better.]
02[08:48] * Minaplo (~ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM#ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[08:56] * Minaplo (~ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM#ua.moc.tentsew.aw.07-24-7-85-lsd|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
[09:14] <Sept> [No, you don't! He needed that damn thing, and he needed it whole! -Mine-!]
[09:40] <Sept> [A distinct feeling of satisfaction at ripping the Lance off its noodly appendages - slowly being replaced by an uncertainty of how he was going to get out. Just not sinking in took most of Sera's concentration.]
[09:42] <Aline> [There seemed to be a perhaps slightly callous nonchalance to Aline's demeanor, as she opportunistically targeted the Lance.]
[09:43] <Minaplo> [Go's mind was working over time at retaining a strong sense of discipline during all of this.]
[10:02] <Sept> [Phew. That thing was still obeying some laws of regular physics, right? Surely they'd at least be able to buy a little time.]
03[10:03] * Oat (ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR#ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR) has joined #nervtele
[10:05] <Aline> [Aline seemed to have briefly abandoned professionalism. Physics are the tyranny of THE MAN, Septy-wepty.]
02[10:05] * Raphael (~ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR#ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[10:08] * Oat is now known as Raphael
01[10:09] <Yanmei> ['Septy'…? A slight break in the frenzied urgency coming from Yanmei's brainlink.]
[10:13] <Sept> [He allowed the use of that name just like all the other ones. But he had to hold on to something. Physics was comforting, here.]
[10:15] <Aline> [Oh, if nothing else, Aline was amused. But… once they seemed mostly safe, she more or less 'melted', suddenly causing the wound-up energy and cheer to suddenly dissolve into a more level impression. Let's get back to business, yes?]
[10:18] <Sept> [If the danger was really over for now… and all of the Lance was there?]
[10:18] <Minaplo> [Cool professionalism from Ezekiel. Stay focused.]
[10:18] <Minaplo> [It was.]
01[10:19] <Yanmei> [Yanmei was bracing herself. They were almost done. Surely they could manage the little bit that was left. Lance, Lance… thinking of a completed Lance…]
[10:20] <Sept> [Very good. Of course, focus. The Lance, then they could get back to… the other crushingly vast problems. Focused.]
[10:21] <Aline> [Mental images of the Lance completing itself. Encouragement of its inner personality to, uh, recohere. You can do it! Yay!]
[11:16] <Aline> [Aline seemed utterly torn between two options, but was so quick to demolish the two that only a vague notion of dismissal could come from one side of her dilemma, while the other had a vague notion of… …recording? Instead there was suddenly an almost farcical repetition of Lance-related thoughts, up to and including a quite literal Lancity-Lance-Lance chant in her head.]
01[11:17] <Yanmei> [A long moment of complete and utter shock. Then, a flood of so many things! Mortification and intense jealousy and accusations and deeply ingrained reactions! Isaiah, get away from her!]
[11:38] <Sept> [Tricky. Maybe they should just finish the Lance while the 04-inhabitants try to fend off… the thing that shan't be named?]
[11:41] <Aline> [Yes, they should -ransu. Aline is actively trying to avoid even conceiving of the thought -ransu.]
[11:41] <Minaplo> [Zhang Yanmei, try to ignore or placate it. We need to focus on the Lance!]
[12:09] <Minaplo> [Progress. The easy part is over.]
[12:10] <Sept> [Of course. What kind of herculean quest would the other part be?]
02[12:11] * Raphael (~ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR#ua.moc.odod.lsd.citats.122-511-841-221|leahpaR) Quit (Quit: )
01[12:11] <Yanmei> [An exhale on Yanmei's part. Relief followed by wariness.]
[12:12] <Aline> [Aline did allow a slight lapse in vaguely-deranged Lance obsessiveness, in which she noted that it surely was only going to be /mildly/ impossible.]
[12:14] <Minaplo> [The form has been remade. Now is the time to rekindle the spirit. Focus. Think about what you think the spirit of the Lance would be like. What it would look like if it were a Lilim. What its goals or ideals would be.]
[12:38] <Aline> [Appearance… Aline for some reason was rather certain the Lance of Cassius was male. It just seemed appropriate for such a blatantly phallic weapon. Prim and proper-looking with uncharacteristically messy reddish-brown hair, in an almost-matching (but less red) formal suit, which had a rather large front-flap decorated by the lance's head as a clasp. His countenance seemed stern, but somehow
[12:38] <Aline> fair as well, and when she imagined him, he seemed to be both patient and firm. But goals… ideals… Aline briefly waffled over what it was quite supposed to mean there, but only a moment of hesitation (which was spent refining his build in her mind) made her decide on a course of action. Such a man, of the character of whom would be the Lance of Cassius, would be a meticulous type, one
[12:38] <Aline> who, while he faithfully carries out his directives (as befits both a weapon, and especially one meant to restrain a Seed), nonetheless has convictions suitable to the goal that he actually was directed towards in the first place. Namely, a desire for order and an inherent sense of propriety, as well as a solemn wish that people - whether simply the nations of Earth, or the Seven (Possibly
[12:38] <Aline> Plus One) descendants of the Ancestral Race - would simply realize their mutual needs and cooperate to achieve them, relegating conflict to a carefully-tuned engine of progress rather than a wedge between themselves. Not that he is, of course, overly soft in his desire for peace, either - why would a weapon whine or cower? - no, Mr. Cassius would be the firm hand held in a hand already clenched
[12:38] <Aline> tight. Firm enough to strangle what might destroy everything he and his wielder would wish to accomplish. That singular guiding principle embodied in a being who himself was embodied in a lance, was Aline's ideal.]
01[12:39] <Yanmei> [As a human… a calm, straightforward person resembling ancient humans… dark and short, with dark hair, and kind eyes? A spirit who wasn't fond of manipulating people or giving them hallucinations about being stabbed. Someone who would actually want to help them because they were kind and not because it personally benefited them. Honesty, kindness, and primal strength…]
[12:39] <Sept> [Unrelenting above all. Embodying the spirit of the lilim, willing to adapt and evolve. Not necessarily superior physically, but still fearsome - just like the club-wielding prehistoric man, tracking and outlasting its prey until it finally exhausted itself. Proud of its accomplishments and above all its mistakes, for those were the stepping stones that allowed it to reach these heights. A
[12:39] <Sept> true and honest weapon, single-mindedly yet justly defending its kind's right to exist - held back only by its wielders.]
[12:50] <Minaplo> [Go was thinking… For such a powerful entity, the spirit would have to be powerful as well. She envisioned a spiritual N2 warhead. Direct, unsubtle, explosive, overwhelming.-
[12:53] <Minaplo> [Stop. She almost automatically revised her concept, cutting away at it. Direct and overwhelming, excitingly so, but not explosive. Focused. A sniper and not a nuke. Someone who preferred to focus their attentions and powers onto a single idea or object. Attentive. A laser.-
[12:57] <Minaplo> [Appearance… She was picturing a young man, tall, built but not bulging, toned. He had long hair, colourful- reddish, no, that made her think of Asuka- he had long blue hair- no- long brown- too plain- long white hair…-
[12:58] <Minaplo> [He'd be graceful with clever, long fingers and sharp eyes, to match his sniper-personality; he'd have high cheekbones, with a well-proportioned face and neck, hinting towards a feminine appearance, but still attractively masculine in ways.-
[13:00] <Minaplo> [He would want to protect the weak and meek, without taking anything from them either, but give them his time and energy. He wouldn't judge, but love everything equally, and fight only to establish the peace. He would be gentle and affectionate, too!-
[13:03] <Minaplo> [Isaiah, however, was thinking differently. Lance… A chivalrous knight. A man, too, but older perhaps, in his thirties or forties or maybe even older, a wise and mighty mentor. He'd be tall and powerfully-built, but with a gentle hand to soothe fractured nerves if needed. He'd strike with overwhelming force that bordered on the discriminate at times, but he'd be fearless and whole-hearted
[13:03] <Minaplo> about doing so without any regard for his own fate. He would be someone who was dedicated purely to his ideal, his goal…-
[13:03] <Minaplo> [Which, to Isaiah, would be a code. A code of protection and a code to uphold rights, and a code to bring peace back to their world. A code that would be worth more than the Knight's own life…]
[13:09] <Sept> [Consideration. We may not be in a position to conceive an adequate code or set of morals for the weapon. If it remains unchained, of course, it could more easily be corrupted, but…]
[13:09] <Aline> [After forming her initial concept, Aline was more bemused than anything else, at what others came up with. There were no particular protests, really.]
01[13:10] <Yanmei> [Rather… taken aback in an amused way by some of the very fine details others had hashed out. A formal red suit? A dreamy facial structure and long white hair…? …Agreed about the code. But they can at least try? There's no harm in it.]

Session Start: Sun May 25 07:32:30 2014
Session Ident: #nervtele
03[07:32] * Now talking in #nervtele
03[07:32] * Aline (902.721.681.27|enilA#902.721.681.27|enilA) has joined #nervtele
03[07:51] * Minaplo|Out (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
02[07:53] * @Minaplo (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[07:57] * Minaplo|Out is now known as Minaplo
03[08:15] * Minaplo|Out (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
02[08:15] * Minaplo (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[08:16] * Minaplo|Out is now known as Minaplo
02[08:23] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
[08:23] <Sept> [-Him-?! He knew the soul would be used, probably against them, somehow, but why was it he- no, can't be him, impossible. Collective thoughts - a subconscious link, same as the previous entities? Fight it? (Fight Dorian? Impossible) Think about something else, think about a plan to get out…]
03[08:25] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
01[08:27] <Yanmei> [Terror welling up fast and meshing against mental pictures - memories of the real Dorian. There was a frantic, lopsided scrabble to regain some composure. If it was Dorian, there'd be no way he'd attack, right? Stick to the plan… stick to the plan… stick to the plan…]
[08:28] <Aline> […The lack of non-vocalized thoughts from Aline's end came off as slightly disturbing. Or was that just what she was feeling?]
02[08:31] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[08:35] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
[08:36] <Minaplo> [22:35] <Minaplo> [Completely beyond understanding, it seemed, so confronting and incomprehensible was the massive entity before Go. The intense desire to flee, flee now and never return, compounded with the perfectly companionable desire to start destroying things and keep destroying until it all went away- barely suppressed…]
[08:36] <Minaplo> [Calm down, everyone. Ezekiel. It can only harm you if you let it harm you!]
[09:28] <Sept> [Yeah, just focus on the Lance, go for th- any coherence to 01's thoughts stopped just as it was reaching the Lance, replaced by unimaginable, crippling anxiety - all the things they'd neglected, failed at, the people they'd let down, the times Sera had thrown his life away and contributed nothing - stop - to the pilots or their grand goals. Stop - and now playing with unfathomable cosmic
[09:28] <Sept> powers, who were they, who was he to - STOP! GET THE GODDAMN LANCE!]
[09:29] <Aline> [Aline made this time to finally continue making coherent thoughts. She would distract Super Dorian. It would be her job. Go. Go forth and finish the job. The other job.]
01[09:33] <Yanmei> [Hesitation. Flustered confusion, both at this and the outburst from Sera, then… a sort of slow assent. They didn't have much time left. They had to complete it -now-.]
[09:33] <Minaplo> [I wasn't consulted about this!]
[09:34] <Aline> [There was an apologetic sense. Aline thought she had the best chance of reaching it. Somehow. And… really, somebody had to deal with it.]
[09:35] <Minaplo> [She could feel Ezekiel's gaze burning into the back of her head.]
[09:35] <Sept> [Fine. The invasive thoughts ebbed - shut up if you're not going to have a better plan, Ezekiel - finish the Lance at all costs.]
[09:35] <Minaplo> [You realise I am needed to finish the lance, yes?]
[09:35] <Minaplo> [I am actually a prerequisite to this?]
[09:38] <Aline> […Oh. That was pretty much the rather absent-minded conclusion Aline reached. Then who /should/ do this?]
02[09:50] * Minaplo (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[09:51] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
[09:54] <Sept> [Then we continue work and stop wasting energy on whatever -this- is.]
01[09:57] <Yanmei> [Then… Sera, stop flying for a second. Everyone regroup around him!]
[09:57] <Aline> [It's clearly an unreasonably large Dorian, but yes. Lance! Lance lance lanceity lance. Oh god. There she goes again. Wait. Now she's thinking about being awkward about her own thoughts. Right. Regrouping!]
[10:09] <Minaplo> [We have some work to do before this is finished. Focus on Knowledge. What it ought to know.]
[10:16] <Sept> [If they were trying to instill in it a sense of what the larger goal would be… The factions - Humanity, Angelkind, and what those two were further divided into: the Federation, UN, their leaders… The war so far. The grander war to come, millennia after this one. Life on Earth, what they might one day try to restore, if they were very lucky.]
[10:19] <Aline> [Aline quickly added to that. In addition to what she believed was essential for almost /anyone/ - a working knowledge of the functionality of the universe, insight into psychological makeups, the matters of the soul, and so on - she put on top of Sera's pieces, the more overarching notion of the Seven (plus one) Seeds and their various child races… Or at least discovering what they were
[10:19] <Aline> like.]
[10:31] <Minaplo> [Go was focusing on mundane and weird things both. How to read in English and Japanese and German, and about the stories of all sorts of books, especially her favourite, as well as etiquette and cultural stuff like what's the best food to eat for breakfast, or the best food to eat when taking a girl out on a date…]
01[10:35] <Yanmei> [Knowledge about the past… the FAR, and a way to find out about their distant greater enemies. A sense of eloquence that might allow him to mediate between Angels and humans, at the very least, as well as many many earthly cultures.]
[10:38] <Minaplo> [Isaiah was focusing on… Places. Earth, its wonders and dangers, both possessed in grand amounts… The people who lived there, and their relationship to each other, and how they could work together to produce miracles…]
[10:42] <Minaplo> [Focus on rituals. What practices it would do, like you all do, to keep itself knowingly itself.]
[10:51] <Aline> [There was a sudden, rather painful deluge of… friction against something. Something emotionally hurtful, and in addition, something like confusion at it. But nonetheless, she figured such a being would probably have a hobby for… making things, maybe? Handy stuff. Possibly a… uh…]
01[10:54] <Yanmei> [Thinking - or not thinking - while doing physical things. Running. Sparring? Some sort of meditative martial art? Dizzy…]
[11:01] <Sept> [A builder, certainly. The point, after all, would be to have enough of a foundation left to rebuild everything on, once the fighting is done for the moment. Appreciating architecture, different kinds of societies…]
02[11:01] * Minaplo (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[11:01] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
[11:01] <Minaplo> [Go was thinking about reading! Again! Reading, and also washing, and brushing your teeth in a certain way, and going for a run at the same time every day…]
[11:04] <Minaplo> [Isaiah… Distracted, thoughts a mess. Thinking about numbers in a vague, unhelpful way.-
[11:05] <Minaplo> [The exterior distractions are becoming highly bothersome, but we are doing well. We are halfway there.-
[11:08] <Minaplo> [Now think about what aspirations this entity should possess. Not aspirations that meet what you want it to accomplish, but aspirations that would serve its interests best in the long run as its own being.]
[11:13] <Sept> [Sera wasn't of much use in that department. He supposed it would be better for it to have some vested interest in the continuity of… things, regardless of the outcome. An advisor, perhaps, a last relic of humanity, if need be.]
[11:18] <Aline> [Aline tried her best to focus! Oh, she was definitely trying. But… aspirations… As the Lance it will last forever or near-to, so she figured that maybe a boundless curiosity about the whole of the universe would probably be very helpful, since until the universe itself ended, he probably wouldn't be /completely/ without things to discover.]
01[11:42] <Yanmei> [Working her way through a strange fog of pain to put in her own floudering input. Aspirations? To explore? To experience joy and… parties? Things that would make him feel as if he was having fun.]
[11:56] <Minaplo> [Go's thoughts were distracted…-
[11:56] <Minaplo> [But Isaiah was still focused. Self-realisation. Self-determination. A love of freedom and growth…]
03[12:31] * Minaplo|Out (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
02[12:31] * Minaplo (~ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[12:50] <Yanmei> [Paralyzing -agony-. Her arm was barely a blip in her focus now, and worse, no relief followed the horrific tear in her abdomin. She could hear screaming, but couldn't piece together where it was coming from. Hers, Isaiah's, or… oh god. Oh god, what the hell was that baby?!]
[12:52] <Sept> [Even with the telepathic connection, Sera had given up on even trying to guess at the origin of the creatures - but they were starting to pile up at an alarming rate. Something had to be done, and… distraction didn't seem like the way to go at this point.]
[12:53] <Aline> [Working on communication. Ring ring ring ring EVA-Phoooone.]
01[12:55] <Yanmei> [Nothing… nothing made sense anymore. She was going to do something about it. She would -make- it make sense!!!]
[13:00] <Minaplo|Out> [Through Yanmei's fury and Isaiah's revulsion, it was hard to make out many thoughts, yet Ezekiel came through somehow…-
[13:01] <Minaplo|Out> [The Ever-Slaying Sword. Of course. It was forged here, designed to slay entities of thought…]
[13:02] <Sept> [That made sense, now. Good work, Yanmei.]
[13:02] <Aline> [Quite useful, unlike THIS INFERNAL GOO]
[13:04] <Sept> [That has to be our next order of business.]
01[13:31] <Yanmei> […was that a strange and subtle bit of anxiety somewhere in her heart? The baby creature was way too similar to Lizzie…]
[07:40] <Minaplo> [Let us move on. Focus on emotions. Imagine this creation becoming sorrowful, and why. Imagine it becoming happy, and why. Imagine it becoming angry, and why. From there, think about how often it might become one emotion or another, and why it would be inclined to be so.]
01[07:58] <Yanmei> [A feeble, distracted attempt from Yanmei. Someone less prone to anger would be nice…? Sorrow from being hurt, or seeing people hurt, or being made to do things that opposed its goals or inclinations. Happy…? Weren't there endless things to find joy in?]
[07:59] <Sept> [Satisfaction at seeing the horde of entities grow thinner. It looked like they were really progressing. The weapon's emotions… Taking pride in work well done, even if other circumstances meant the outcome wasn't quite what was expected. Upset, sad about needless waste, whether of lives or effort.]
01[08:14] <Yanmei> [Maybe there would be triggers. Particular insults or scenarios that made it happy, sad or enraged… -
01[08:17] <Yanmei> [Like if it walked onto any typical battlefield, maybe it would be sad at the lives lost, fascinated at the strange technology on display, and angry depending on if it was favoring the losing side, all at the same time. Emotions were complex, so, experiencing that all at once would be normal?]
[08:21] <Sept> [And how would it relate to its enemies? Perhaps it'd have some concept of a worthy opponent, being sad about taking on lessers, and fearlessly challenging- distracted by the Dorian noise - maybe getting riled up by an arrogant foe, too.]
01[08:26] <Yanmei> [Huh. Interesting. Maybe it would have its emotions swayed a lot by the people around it, then? Instead of always staying calm and stoic until it hits a trigger like that.]
[08:39] <Sept> [You wouldn't want a weapon like this to be -too- independent, so… it could make sense for it to take after its owners' emotions to an extent. As a tool of war, it'd be more inclined towards short-term worries, choosing to look at the concrete and the present rather than high abstract potentials. Not disregarding the future, but also not being charged with planning it. Optimistic outside
[08:39] <Sept> battle, realistic in it.]
[08:39] <@Aline> [Slight discomfort. Aline wasn't focusing on the Lance questions, obviously, but seemed mostly okay with that. Still… She figured she'd help in a moment, if only to keep Super Dorian relatively content.]
[08:51] <Minaplo> [Isaiah was invisioning someone… Upset at witnessing hurt, someone who, like that knight of before, was disturbed and dismayed by injustice or cruelty. Happy… Instinctual. Happy when it felt it was helping. Happy when it felt appreciated and happy when exercising self-control. Someone angry at being abused, or mistreated, and projecting that anger when it happened to others. But generally,
[08:51] <Minaplo> this was someone who was most naturally at ease with calm amiability, someone slow to anger, and forgiving, yet once possessed of anger or sorrow would find it hard to shake off.]
[09:06] <Minaplo> [A sense of guilt and dull horror from Isaiah now…]
01[09:08] <Yanmei> […and very much of the same from Yanmei.]
[09:08] <Sept> [Promptly ignored by Sera. No hurry, Aline. We're nearly there.]
[09:18] <@Aline> [Aline focused again, now trying to think of the question this time. Sorrow… loss, pain, as even the Lance of Cassius may well develop loves to have lost. Happiness, why, if he has aspirations, achieving those! Or maybe even just the comfort of what amenities he preferred. But given all that we've said about his motivations, his anger would truly be that of righteous indignation (in most
[09:18] <@Aline> cases, there is /some/ room for simply being slighted in a healthy psyche), beyond that there's a realm of various things, like satisfaction or dissatisfaction or humor or… Many of these things, shaped by his dreams and goals! Hell, he'd be allowed to be aroused if he really wanted to, though that may or may not be… uhm… Okay well let's leave that up to fate okay you all didn't 'hear'
[09:18] <@Aline> that.]
[09:29] <Minaplo> [Go was imagining… Someone who naturally loved to be happy! because they were full of energy and life. And someone who wanted to pass that happiness on to others. Someone who was sad when others were sad, and angry when other people were hurt, but when that happens he'd try to be happy for their sake, to make them happy in return! So generally, someone who was quick to happiness but also
[09:29] <Minaplo> quick to joy, delight and excitement…]
[09:38] <Minaplo> [We are nearly finished. There is one element left to complete. Think of a name. A name that encompasses this entity in all ways…]
03[10:04] * Minaplo|Out (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has joined #nervtele
02[10:04] * Minaplo (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) Quit (Ping timeout)
[10:06] <Sept> [Just… Cassius? Even if it's reforged, the past is important. Remembering what the weapon's been intended for before… and what it's actually been used for. Continuity.]
01[10:06] <Yanmei> [A simple, strong word: 'Deng'. Light. A good name for someone who they would be pinning their hopes on… and with luck, someone who would find and exude a joy of his own.]
[10:08] <@Aline> [That gave Aline very much a sense of pause. But… She then remembered some of her ~research trips~ on the internet. "Cassius", the codename for the Lance they were working on, had a meaning that referred to emptiness. So… so for his first name, she would reverse his fortunes. Armin, which, in great contrast, referred to wholeness. The last one… Aline actually expressed slight embarrassment
[10:08] <@Aline> in this one. She just /happened/ to be looking through name meaning lists for entirely nonspecific reasons (like writing derivative fictions) and knew one that, while yes it was also a given name, had a nice ring to it an an oh-so-appropriate meaning (that Aline actually already pre-selected for this use without realizing it in a WAIT SHIT DON'T LISTEN TO THAT I MEAN UH FUCK)… Ansgar. German
[10:08] <@Aline> for "God Spear" okay okay please leave that note alone and yes it alliterates weirdly but it's /cool damnit/.]
[10:12] <Minaplo|Out> [Isaiah's was wry yet fitting: Lancelot Bayard.-
[10:17] <Minaplo|Out> [Go's came all out in a rush: Fitzwilliam Rochester Darcy.-
[10:18] <Minaplo|Out> [Ezekiel was silent, taking the energy, the meaning of the names, charging them with the meaning intended…-
[10:18] <Minaplo|Out> [He began to funnel them into the Lance. Now we need only concentrate.]
[10:38] <Sept> [Go, this was for the Lance, not for you.]
[10:42] <@Aline> […Uh. I guess I'm not the only one to be embarrassed.]
[10:44] <Minaplo|Out> [Focus, everyone. We're nearly finished…]
01[10:49] <Yanmei> [Yanmei was trying t- Dammit! -Trying- to focus!]
[10:49] <@Aline> [Aline likewise was focusing as well! Maybe! Possibly!]
[10:50] <Sept> [Sera was… hoping Mr Brontë here wouldn't be too effective.]
[10:56] <Minaplo|Out> [Go's mind was awash with chaos that she wasn't doing well at masking. It began to bleed over…-
[10:56] <Minaplo|Out> [Now.-
[10:56] <Minaplo|Out> [Their minds would suddenly be filled with a -presence-. Something that burned their minds white with its light…]
[11:11] <Minaplo|Out> [It is done.]
01[11:14] <Yanmei> [Dazzled. Uncertain? But relieved that the apparitions were gone and their task was finished. Time to go home!]
[11:15] <Sept> [Yes, this definitely didn't look sustainable. Good work, all.]
[11:23] <Minaplo|Out> [Take the Lance, and let us leave.]
[11:37] <Minaplo|Out> [Clear and simple happiness on the part of Go, glad to be liberated, free of having to -monitor- herself so much…]
[11:41] <Minaplo|Out> [Like a hammer applied to a web, the thought-connection snapped.]
03[11:41] * Minaplo|Out (ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM#ua.ten.tenii.nyd.532-311-071-421|olpaniM) has left #nervtele
03[11:42] * Sept (~if.vth.pp.060771sc|reTxatnyS#if.vth.pp.060771sc|reTxatnyS) has left #nervtele
03[11:43] * @Aline (902.721.681.27|enilA#902.721.681.27|enilA) has left #nervtele
02[11:55] * Disconnected
Session Close: Wed May 28 11:55:43 2014

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License